2 Installations on same domain

Discussion in 'Installation' started by planetsms, Sep 15, 2010.

1. planetsms

planetsms New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to install 2 instances of amember on the same domain with one license, eg:-

www.domain.com/amember/members

www.domain.com/amember2/members

The reason I want to do this is because I have a product I want to sell via 2 separate ClickBank accounts and the only way I can see how to do this would be by having 2 separate installations.

I understand I'd have 2 login areas, member areas etc but that wouldn't be a problem as long as I can install 2 amember scripts on the same domain.

Thanks for any help in advance.

John
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Yes you can do this with one license. aMember is licensed per domain name, not the number of installations within that domain.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

No, I do not agree. One license is for one installation only, as stated in the license agreement.

In this case however, I have nothing against and we of course can make exception and allow this, because it is definitely fair usage.
  4. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@alex: So sorry for my confusion, I've gone back and re-read the license just now.

For future reference to anyone reading this, you can always find the latest copy of the license here:

http://www.amember.com/p/main//License/

Specifically:
  5. toomanytoys

toomanytoys New Member

I just saw this thread and it piqued my curiosity. If someone wishes to use multiple Clickbank IDs on the same site (for example, you sell multiple products but want to have numerous Clickbank marketplace listings instead of just one), is it necessary to have multiple aMember installations? Is it not possible to have a single installation support multiple Clickbank IDs?
  6. planetsms

planetsms New Member

@Alex

Thanks, do I need to do anything to make an exception or can I just go ahead and make the 2nd installation?

John
  7. alex

It is possible, but needs little customization. Contact us via helpdesk.
  8. alex

Just go ahead.
  9. secureglobal

secureglobal New Member

Hi, I am wanting to install a second instance also on the same domain as my main licenced domain as we want to create a live development version to test new features that we have customized in amember. Our second instances is solely for live dev only - not for any other purpose. Would I require permission for this please?
  10. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can install within licensed domain as many instance of aMember as you need.