1SC before aMember

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by chad_bps, Feb 6, 2012.

1. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

I am trying to enable the "Allow create new accounts" feature for the 1ShoppingCart plugin. If I understand the feature correctly, the user can pay first w/ 1SC and then 1SC will communicate with aMember to set up the user's account. I cannot figure out how to make this work.

First, as a baseline, I set up everything so that aMember and 1SC communicate correctly when the user sets up their aMember account prior to paying. So when the user goes to signup.php and proceeds through the order normally, everything works fine.

Then I enabled the API settings in both aMember and 1SC according the the instructions.

However, I don't know what to do next (simply because nothing I try seems to work). I assume that I would provide the user with the standard "Add to Cart" link provided by the 1SC product. However, when the user clicks on that link, the user sees an empty cart (i.e., the product is never added to the cart).

So I tried (by chance) disabling the "aMember Integration" for the product I'm trying to add. And when I do that, the products shows up in the cart when the link is clicked; however, after purchase is complete, there is this series of 3 (error) messages in the aMember log:

Apparently by these messages, aMember is expecting information back from 1SC that will enable it to connect this paid order to one it knows is already in progress. But how can it know of an order in progress? I'm skipping signup.php.

Is there something special I'm supposed to send to 1SC in the add-to-cart link so that it knows how to communicate back to aMember?

I'm really confused and stuck. I've not been able to find any documentation on how to actually USE this feature. There's documentation on how to set it up, but not on how to use it.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

What exact version of aMember you have installed?
    Please contact us in support and request latest plugin.
  3. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

I have 3.2.4 installed. I downloaded and installed the 3.3.0 upgrade pack, but my control panel still says 3.2.4.

Also, someone from support did install the latest plugin for me. This was completed on Friday, Feb 3rd. Before that, the 1SC api.php wasn't even in my installation.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Ok.. Please contact me at alexander@cgi-cnetral.net and provide ticket number where you've requested updated plugin initially. I will check what can be wrong.
  5. kielder

kielder New Member

Was this problem resolved? I ask because I'm experiencing similar problems with our aMember 3.2.4 1SC plugin testing.
  6. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

It was resolved off-line. Tech Support was very helpful and quick in response. They had to re-upload the 1ShoppingCart plug-in after they determined that I had an "old plugin version." It took them two attempts to get it right, after the first attempt left out a critical file.

Here are the php files I have in my /amember/plugins/1shoppingcart directory (filename, revision):
    1shoppingcart.inc.php, 1.8
    api.php, <no version info>
    config.inc.php, <no version info>
    ipn.php, 1.2

There was no explanation as to how I had an old version, since this was a brand-new installation (not an upgrade), and I simply installed the distribution I downloaded.

Here's one thing they helped me with that wasn't well documented. For each product in 1SC you want to do this with, turn off the aMember integration. So edit the product, select the settings tab, and uncheck "aMember" under "3rd party integration". I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it won't work otherwise. The integration is done with the Nofication URL under the API settings.

Then you want to use the add-to-cart link provided by 1SC for the product. So when the user clicks the add-to-cart, they go directly to 1SC to complete the purchase, then 1SC notifies aMember to create a new user (if necessary) and activate the new product for the user.

It is really, really cool, and so simple (when you get it working right).