1 subscription but many groups - can be done?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by marclindsay, Apr 18, 2006.

1. marclindsay

marclindsay New Member

Hi Guys,

Basically I want to have say a membership limit of 1000 members (can amember do this to start with)

Then I want the first 100 members to be part of groupA, the second lot of 100 members part of groupb.

Now this setting, group a or group b can either be just an entry in the database, or a "privelage"/"product".

The reason I need this is so that the members can log into the main membership, not a problem.

But one particular page they clicked on, would then check the user credentials, or products they are subscribed too.

And if they are part of say group A then they would be forwarded to the membership section for group A, and if it is B then that membership section.

Can this be done or something similar to this? I was thinking originally maybe have all 1000 members under 1 product,

Then manually adding a product to the first 100 members (the product would be the protected page) and create a new product for each group.

Then when they click on the page, using amembers in-built authentication process to see if the user has access to the page, could do this in php?

check if the member is allowed into either of the goups, if they are then forward them to the member protected page.

Cant wait to get some feedback on this.

Thanks
    Marc
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Marc,
    it is possible as customization, please contact us via helpdesk.
  3. marclindsay

marclindsay New Member

Okay Alex,

How do I do this?
    How much does it cost?

I need this pretty soon too.

This should be a plugin :)

I'll send this to helpdesk, keep a look out.
  4. alex

I'm awaiting you in the helpdesk to answer.
  5. marclindsay

marclindsay New Member

Okay thanks Alex,

Also I need to be able to make it so that amember can limit the ammount of times something is sold.

So I could set it to only sell a product 20 times, then it would be removed from the signup page.

Surely this can be a customization too? I can't imagine it would be too hard?

Thanks
    Marc
  6. alex

Yes, it could be done as customization. Contact us via helpdesk.
  7. marclindsay

marclindsay New Member

Alex, I contacted the helpdesk yesterday about my first requirement as you mentioned too.

And no reply yet on that one.

How long does it take for helpdesk to turnaround support?

Thanks
    Marc
  8. alex

Marc,
    we are now under heavy load, so customization questions are answered on last resort. I hope you understand. You ticket will be answered today.