Excellent integration with Drupal

Discussion in 'Integration' started by jjanney, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jjanney

jjanney New Member

I am very happy with aMember. The Drupal plug-in just made life so much easier for managing a member-only content website with articles, forums and other features.

The ordering process is also straight-forward, simple and easy -- which is a big help for someone selling digital products and content.

I looked at another membership software package, but it was setup so that everyone had to first register, then purchase a product they could only see once they were registered. While this may work from some applications, it was definately not well-suited for our needs.

aMember came to the rescue. It was exactly what we needed. It's flexibility enabled us to setup paid memberships as well as a free membership for affiliates, integrate features into Drupal (and awesome content management system) and easily process payments.

You can see our site at:
    http://www.DIYDebtSettlementKit.com
  2. draj

draj New Member

Hoi!

Damn good site!

Does integration and upgrades work with respective OG without problems?
  3. jjanney

jjanney New Member

Og?

Thank you for the compliment. We've work really hard to make it a valuable asset for anyone who signs up.

The integration works great. It is a new website, so we haven't run into any upgrade issues yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "OG" ... please explain.
  4. draj

draj New Member

5. jjanney

jjanney New Member

6. draj

draj New Member

Hi!
    Thanks.

Off the topic but I am curious. Is there a reason why you did not use OG? However, I think Taxonomy is very good. If you would use, how would be the integration, considering both aspects i.e. roles & OG?

I wanna try it out in the next days and just got curious.
  7. jjanney

jjanney New Member

OG vs TAC

When I read the descriptions for both, it was clear that TAC restricted access based on roles and aMember's Drupal integration enabled it to assign new members a Drupal role upon aMember signup (which is what I needed, because I wanted to grant members access to content that was otherwise resitricted to unauthorized visitors, but still needed to offer unauthorized visitors some content).

I wasn't so sure about OG (name is too vague).

I hope that helps.
  8. draj

draj New Member

Hi!

Thanks mate. I will try it out with this new information and remember that someone who did more here...
  9. mako81

mako81 New Member

Help...

Hi,

First off, I want to say that your debt settlement site rocks!

I am building a drupal + aMember site also - www.esewingworkshop.com - and was wondering if I could get your help with having a single login form for the site?

The issue we are having right now is that when someone logs in from the aMember form they are not getting logged into Drupal automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Anoush JJ
  10. motionbuzz

motionbuzz New Member

Did you figure it out?

Hi Anoush JJ,
    Your site looks great. The Flash video is very nice.

I'm having the same problem: aMember login isn't logging into Drupal. So when pages are protected via Drupal's TAC module, the user still can't view after logging in via aMember. Did you find a solution?

Hi jjanney,
    Your site looks great too. How did you get "articles are for members only..." statement on http://www.diydebtsettlementkit.com/member_articles? Does it only shows when you are an "anonymous user", then goes away when you are logged in?

I appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks!
  11. outrageous1

outrageous1 New Member

I'm having trouble with this as well

Motionbuzz, me too.

I just installed aMember, 1SC integration, and drupal integration.

1SC works, but it doesn't create the user in drupal.
    Amember does create the user in drupal when I add subscription manually.

And, when I do do it manually, it does not automatically log in (or log out) of drupal, even after I did the (...'path' => 'amember/logout.php',...) fix from the instruction text file.

I have a ticket out to support... hopefully they can help get this running smoothly.

I'm a designer and I would love to implement this solution for all the clients that I can... I'm a newbie at PHP however, so I need to be spoon-fed the upgrades or fixes at this time.
  12. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Drupal change session name by default so bootstrap.inc file modification will be required.
    Please contact support we will help.
  13. outrageous1

outrageous1 New Member

Alexander,

I am in a rush.... can you tell me what modifications need to be made?
    I have the support ticket in, and Oleg Zimnuhov emailed 5 hours ago checking on that the 1SC thankyou page is set correctly (it is)... I've updated the ticket with your note that the bootstrap.inc file needs modification.

My urgency is that we need to have a working solution soon for a critical launch date.

Carl
  14. outrageous1

outrageous1 New Member

I am happy to report that the 1SC / Amember / Drupal 5.3 integration seems to be working fine now.

couple minor little things with the trial setup, but no show stoppers. It appears to work fine.

Question: can someone cancel a subscription through amember or must this be done by an administrator? From my call with 1SC, they say it must be done by the merchant in their system. But what about if it was integrated to authorize.net?

My testimonial is that this solution is perfect for a designer with just a beginner's knowledge of php. If you are a do-it-yourself'er, it's perfect.

Problems will always come up, and I'm satisfied by Alex and the support staff to no-nonsense fix things that don't work. That makes this a great package deal.

Carl
  15. pe_cam

pe_cam Guest

Sorry for the bump, but a Google search for "Drupal" and "aMember", yielded this post first.

I'm a current user of aMember and have recently been deploying some Drupal sites.

I've attempted to get these two to play together, but with no luck. I first configured a clean install of aMember at the /members/ path. I then configured a clean install of Drupal 5.6 a the root path. In aMember I enabled the Drupal plugin, filled in the blanks, and saved twice.

I created a test product with a price of $0 at the path /content/ and created a Role in Drupal called "paid subscribers" and enabled them within aMember's product management in my test product.

First things first - I'm trying to understand how users work using both Drupal and aMember... Are you using aMember's members and linking to Drupal or vice versa? Or is a user created in BOTH at sign-up and they are linked somehow? Should signing up be handled by aMember or Drupal?

Any light on this subject is appreciated :) Your sites look great and I'd love to get to a working point with these two pieces of software!
  16. draj

draj New Member

Hi,
    Was just visiting the forum after many months.

I almost gave up amember after there was no development and progress on the software.

I actually should not have changed to amember as I simply needed to have a central database of users togather with one software I am using.

After investing a huge ammount of time, only I could see is very little advantage for myself. This could be different for others. So I gave up.

If you do not require any product management features of amember, then I would suggest to modify the Drupal itself to have logins-logouts with other CMS entering the user data in their respective fields.

What aMember does is it manages this within its architecture. If you know programming, you can do it without and save a lot of customization with aMember, if it is just a plugin for Drupal.
  17. itstrish

itstrish New Member

hi all,

can anyone tell me, in kindergarden terms
    (I'm such a newbie with cms!) the difference between Joomla and Drupal
    and whether one integrates better with aMember?
    (i.e. more controls/features, more/better syncing, easier to use, etc)

jjanney:
    You site looks excellent. have you tried long salescopy?

trish : - )
  18. klester

klester New Member

I'm also using Amember with Drupal, but have problems

I can't seem to get amember to log new members into Drupal properly. (using Drupal 5.2) Amember creates the user in Drupal properly, with the correct rights, but then attempts to log in. But as soon as the user is redirected to Drupal page, he gets logged out. (probably because Drupal sees that the login came from an outside source?)

Have you had these issues?? I can't find many references to Drupal integration on the web.
  19. pe_cam

pe_cam Guest

Is there a way to try out the Drupal Plugin? We have a substantial user database and I'd like to test a copy of it with Drupal integration before we buy the Drupal module from amember...
  20. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

I can't say whether they will let you do that or not, but I CAN say that I'm using the Drupal plugin, and the only problems I had with it were when I moved my members area to a subdomain of my site. I had to go into the Drupal config file and uncomment the line to set the cookie domain and make sure it was the same as what I told aMember the Base URL was.

Other than that, the only problems that have come up for my members have been cookie issues, mainly with Firefox 3.5.

BTW, I'm using Drupal 6.14, the newest version at this time. I'm also using its multi-site feature, with the public area as one site, the members area as another site, and about 10 other domain names parked on the same hosting account.