Vbulletin 3.0.X with referral option?

Discussion in 'Integration' started by mustang_lex, Mar 22, 2006.

1. mustang_lex

mustang_lex New Member

Hi Everyone. First like to introduce myself. My names Alex. I run a Mustang site called www.stangette.com We have a great community. We also have a VIP membership section in which has extra site features. Currently I have a donation system implemented with my Vbulletin 3.0.7 messageboard. I want to have an Affiliation system in which people can help sell VIP memberships and get a commission. I need a system that 1) Will allow someone to signup for a VIP membership 2) Have a referral field where the person would put in the community members name who referred them 3) The referrals are logged so we can pay the user whos referring 4) allow that member to keep track of all referals coming in and 5) Only allow certain usergroups to be in the affiliation program, in this case only the VIP members usergroup.

If this is something your program offers, I will of course purchase it :)
  2. mustang_lex

mustang_lex New Member

Anyone? Please
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is from header of this page: "CGI-Central doesn't provide official support via this forum. To get quick response to your question, please contact us using Trouble Tickets system".

Ok, let me explain. aMember Pro integrated with vBulletin along as with other third-party scripts as described here: http://www.amember.com/p/Main/Integation
    It is not an integration you currently have. aMember was not designed specially for vBulletin, is not a part of vBulletin and cannot be.
    It works nice for many goals and many sites, but specially for your goal, I believe it will be better to find some other solution designed specially as vBulletin module.
  4. mustang_lex

mustang_lex New Member

So you say don't use this. I did use the ticket system and they said it can with modification. Now I'm confused. I don't need a program that IS vbulletin. I have many great systems that can be integrated with Vbulletin. I will continue to contact amember via email as they seem to give more hope.

Thanks
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

OK, no problems at all. Of course it can be implemented. I just want to make things clear. It will work little different than you used to. For example, your users will have to signup into aMember, not into vBulletin. They will have to change passwords in aMember, not in vBulletin.
    Some site owners find this acceptable, because aMember is an important part of thier business and vBulletin just cannot implement what they need.

However, in your case, it is better to just try use a third-party affiliate program script, because for donations vBulletin's built-in payment system should be quite enough.