simple question ( I hope )

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Unregistered, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I have just launched my membership area and Amember is preforming faultlessly. Nice one Alex.

I have one question for the future though. I have a single price annual membership plan but there may be times when I want certain people to join at a lower price. Is it possible to have two sign up pages ( say signup & signup2 ) with the second one showing a different price, only accessible through an emailed link ?

Would this work or would it screw up te system ?

Graham
  2. abbeyvet

abbeyvet New Member

You can readily do this, you just need to understand the concept of 'price groups'.

Basically you have the option to add a negative number (eg -1, -65, -92 etc) in the Price Group field when you add or edit products.

Once you have done so you can show all products with the same price group like this:

http://site.com/amember/signup.php?price_group=-1

which will display ONLY products in price group -1.

You can have as many price groups as you like, you can give an individual product a unique price group ID, and thus its own unique sign-up page, or you can group products by giving them the same ID.

You can also have different text on each page before the form by editing your signup template and using something like this:

{if $smarty.request.price_group == -1}
    Some stuff about products in price group -1
    {elseif $smarty.request.price_group == -13}
    Some stuff about products in price group -13
    {elseif in_array($smarty.request.price_group, array(-51,-52))}
    Some stuff about products in price groups -51 and -52
    {else}
    Some stuff about products for which no price group is specified.
    {/if}

I have over 100 products, so use this widely, and it works great! It is a very powerful and flexible way of dividing up your products and giving each a unique sign-up page.