Vbulletin Plugin Fixed For Vbull V3

Discussion in 'Integration' started by EL Snapo, Oct 4, 2003.

1. EL Snapo

EL Snapo Guest

Actually, scratch this post...

The modified script WILL do the following:

1) It will create the User Account in VBull v3.xx
    2) It will assign the Chosen access level that was paid in VBull v3.xx
    3) It will create the account properly 100% in Amember

It will NOT:

1) Properly create the Users Password in VBull v3.xx

Apparently VBull guys have made some Password changes as well. Will peek at those
    and repost the correct modification upon completion.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm having a hard time with the script at the moment with VB3 all BETAs.

We are having to LOGIN to amember everytime with look at any of the pages that have the php call.

i.e. Login to forum home, click to look at a forum, login, go back to forum home, have to login and so on.

Did you have these issues at all?

Cheers
    Mike
  3. I'm having a hard time with the script at the moment with VB3 all BETAs.

We are having to LOGIN to amember everytime with look at any of the pages that have the php call.

i.e. Login to forum home, click to look at a forum, login, go back to forum home, have to login and so on.

Did you have these issues at all?

Cheers
    Mike
  4. EL Snapo

EL Snapo Guest

I have not had these issues as of yet. At the moment, I do have not AMember protecting anything. I primarily use it to process and 'instant accessify' a member when he/she purchases a membership. VBull does a good job at maintaining security itself, so never really had any additional need. I will take a look and run some tests and see if I can duplicate the same problem you are having.
  5. MRaburn

MRaburn Guest

Yes, thanks for the help... what I have is a pipe for members only to access for faster speed.

When you implement the php include, you login in, get access OK but once you refresh the page or go into a forum and back out, you have to login again, this was not the case on VB2, all was working.

I do have an older version of Alexs VB.inc script as I was one of the test beds at getting it working... could be that code. :( Not sure how to get the newest from him, I sent him an email.

Cheers
    Mike
  6. EL Snapo

EL Snapo Guest

An update to the password problem ...

VB3 uses a dual MD5 hash and salts the end ...

Looks like this

$pass = md5(md5($member['pass']).$salt);

Add that to where it should be in my previous posted script modification, and the password WILL work in VB3. The problem is that the output (forum display) is really strange and bizarre, thus we need to obtain the 'salt' and have it properly stored in the SQL table under 'vb3_user salt' ... Doing this seems quite the chore and im stuck at this point.

Anyone have a clue asto how we can obtain the salt here and have it stored in the table?

So close ... Yet, so far away.
  7. EL Snapo

EL Snapo Guest

I have now resolved the prior issues and the Plugin for VBulletin v3.0 is now operational and functioning well. I have E-Mailed it to Alex for his review and dispursement. (Thread wont allow attachments)

Snapo
  8. MRaburn

MRaburn Guest

EL SNAPO,

Could you email this fix to me?? Have not seen where Alex has got a fix and I really need it.

mraburn@pro3i.com

Thanks!
  9. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

the update plugin is available from CGI-Central.Net members area for all vBulletin plugin customers.
  10. creeper

creeper Guest

2 questions it gets a little confusing after looking at the read me it states,

1. Upload plugin to amember/plugins/protect/ folder, so there must be
    file amember/plugins/protect/vbulletin3/vbulletin3.inc.php on your FTP

Then in the vbulletin3.inc snappo states,

How to install:

Simply replace 'vbulletin.inc.php' with the one contained within this ZIP File.
    The default directory is: /amember/plugins/protect/vbulletin (Check your config).

No I have tried it both ways and still no go...

After I enable the plugin I do get the protected gourps and default group fine...

Now if I go to the add products page and try to add a product the
    vbulletin3 access
    users ordered this product will
    get the following group in vbulletin3

Field is empty.

I have tried everywhich way and cant seem to get it. If I install the regular vb plugin all show's, but of course the plugin doesnt work....
  11. gomx

gomx Guest

You have to create a plugin folder called vbulletin3 - then upload the vbulletin3-inc.php and the config-inc.php files. You'll need to get an updated config-inc.php from Alex. Then you can add the plugin in amember admin and assign vb usergroups to your products. I am in the middle of testing this with vb3 gamma. I am having problems getting the login from amember to act as single sign on - as of right now it is requesting that the user login twice.
  12. creeper

creeper Guest

I am using vbulletin3 gamma as wel and wondered if there was an issue with the plugin
  13. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

We don't officially support vB3 yet. We will fix all things when final will be released.
  14. creeper

creeper Guest

Just a note they have released the vb3 RC1
  15. Tony

Tony Guest

the vb3 RC2 has been released, and this is pretty much the official release since the developers told me that there won't be any major change at all. The vbulletin.org is now allowed to release hacks (there were no hacks allowed in vb3 beta).

I will consider to buy if you guys have a plug in for it, will it cost extra? or included with amember license.
  16. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

ok, we will start work on it.
  17. Regs

Regs New Member

Please announce when this is available... I've upgraded and used the plugin download available now for vb3 but have no idea if it still works (and I don't want to push for new members until I know for sure it works).

Cheers,

~Regs.
  18. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

OK - we will.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Any updates on this, I would like to buy when it works with vbulletin 3.0
  20. wajones

wajones Guest

I would like to buy also when it works with vbulletin 3.0