Integration of aMember to a WordPress Page Using Short Codes...

Discussion in 'Integration' started by grantswaim, Feb 22, 2010.

1. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

ATTN: aMember Code Monkeys...

This would be a hot seller. I would buy it, for sure!

I have a WordPress site that uses the amProtect plugin to control access. In my humble opinion, this is absolutely the slickest way to integrate the two products.

However, I still have to customize the aMember pages to match my site. This is not super hard, but each time I make a tweak to my WP theme, I have to also tweak the aMember pages. If somebody could develop a way to integrate the aMember script with a WordPress page using something like "short codes" this would then be the ultimate integration.

Imagine inserting something like [signup] on a WordPress page and the aMember signup form was inserted into the WordPress page. Just a little tweaking in the aMember style sheet to match the colors and font and it would be a seamless integration.

It looks like this approach will be used to allow the integration of bbPress in the not too distant future. See log excerpt below taken from this session:

2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

3. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

Skippy,

Thanks for the heads up on this, but I am just not a coder.

If Ken Gary added short code integration to amProtect, it would be the ultimate aMember/WordPress integration, IMHO. This could also be developed as a "stand alone" product which could be used as the page integration solution for a wide range of aMember/WordPress integration products.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Talked to Ken about something similar to this- basically replacing the amember user front end with wordpress pages.

Think its on his todo list.

David
  5. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

Thats cool...

I think doing this with short codes, vs custom coded replacement pages, would offer the most flexibility. The short code approach would be theme and page layout independent.

The ability to place an aMember form or report on any WordPress page would be awesome.
  6. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

The functionality to put the aMember signup/login form isn't that hard to put together in a custom Wordpress plugin...

However, I can see the next step of the process being a bit complicated/challenging - submitting the "embedded" forms to amember for validation (signup, login, etc)... that would have to go to amember's default signup.php and login.php pages in the end anyway, so you can't really avoid the template edits in amember that easy (unless someone knows a thing or two about all this that I am not taking into consideration).
  7. rkshaw

rkshaw New Member

Is there anyway to drop an aMember signup form onto any page? This would allow me to create a landing page that is also a signup page and not have to send people to the aMember signup page.
    vodkkagirls likes this.