Integration Plugin for moodle

Discussion in 'Integration' started by MrRim, May 23, 2004.

1. MrRim

MrRim Guest

I am interested in using moodle with amember Pro. Can "single-login" be setup with moodle at http://moodle.org
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Inquiring on Moodle Plug-In

Alex,

My site has evolved to the point that I need to move from a forum format (was using UBB.threads) to an educational management format. I have used aMember for a long time and want to take it with me!

I am looking strongly at Moodle. It has a large user base and there seems to be a lot of Moodle users that want to be able to automate course subscriptions.

There is a built-in moodle module that will enter you in a class, but will not expire you. This uses PayPal only. It would be great to use aMember to control class enrollment "subscription style". They pay money to be placed in a class for a given amount of time.

I think you could sell a lot of these plug-ins. I would also be interested in paying for this as a custom job.

Their site is http://moodle.org

Thanks!

Grant
  4. alex

Grant, I just downloaded Moodle and I hope to implement the plugin soon.
  5. gswaim

Great,

I just sent you additional information by support ticket about Moodle's ability to use external databases to authenticate a user and class enrollment. i would think this is a good thing :)

Thanks

Grant
  6. cambridge

cambridge New Member

also interested in moodle support

i want to add my interest in moodle support. please let me know if it is possible to try a demo.

thx
  7. gswaim

A brief explanation on how it would work...

Cambridge,

Click on "Demo" in the menu bar to access a working copy of the admin control panel and the front end. As you look at the demo, keep the following in mind...

aMember is a php/MySQL application that is a subscription manager. It is a stand alone application that Moodle would query for User authentication and class enrollment information at each log-in.

An administrator would set up all the classes in aMember as subscription based products. All the products have a duration (definable in days, months, or years). For instance Math 101 could be in the product list multiple times with different subscription durations (30 days access, 3 months access, 1 years access, etc).

When a student signs up for the a Moodle site they are redirected to the aMember sign-up form. Moodle then queries aMember for user authentication.

When a student purchases a class they are redirected to the aMember program. They pick out the classes they want to purchase, they then check out using the payment processor(s) you chose from a list of +30. You can actually give them the option of more than one, such as PayPal and 2CheckOut.

The credit card transaction is handled in real time and if the transaction is successful the aMember database will reflect which classes a member holds a current subscription to. At each log-in Moodle would check the aMember database to see which classes the student holds a current subscription in.

There is definitely a learning curve because aMember has so many configurable features. My plan is to get this working and then write detailed instructions on how to integrate aMember and Moodle. I hope to have this all finished within a couple of weeks.
  8. alex

There is some progress in the plugin development, I hope to have it finished on this week.
  9. gswaim