Date of Birth field and usage

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by bidman, Apr 27, 2004.

1. bidman

bidman Guest

Hi, I work for a company called Starchaser in the UK, we have a members area which has a different subscription charge for someone under the age of 18, We are looking at your software to replace the archaic system we are using, at the moment if a member goes over the age of 18 he or she should move up into the adult subscription band.
    We also need to take the Date of Birth (not just age) within the initial subscription pages.

I need to know if your software will perform this function, from what I can see amember will provide all the other functions we require and more.

Cheers

Lee
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

How can we detect user age? Could you give me some ideas.
    I believe aMember Pro can be useful somehow.
  3. bidman

bidman Guest

4. alex

It can be done as free customization. It is easy to do.
  5. bidman

bidman Guest

OK, I have added a txt field called DOB (Date of birth), now I want to validate the format to dd/mm/yyyy, how can I make it so the new signup must put there DOB in and it must be in the right format before it will let them progress the signup procedure

OR

Can you make the DOB a dropdown menu like the one used in the profiles that this BB uses

http://membership.cgi-central.net/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
  6. alex

Have a look to aMember manual - "validate_signup_form" hook will do the trick.

You may read Smarty manual regarding html_select_date tag, but you need to add 3 fields in this case - month, day and year.