Possibility to use existing CSS response frameworks?

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by regis, Jul 15, 2015.

1. regis

regis aMember Pro Customer

Hi!

I've been an Amember user for many many years now and have relied on this product to help support my mom's business. It's become kind of critical because she doesn't have retirement savings so she's living off the income from the site. So I have to say that this is the best php membership system you can get!

That being said, I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on one thing that I've struggled with a bit (and I only say this because I want the product to improve over time). With as good as this system is, I've struggled a bit with the templates.

Is there a possibility in the future of making the templates more "stripped down" OR maybe even having a very stripped down version of the templates OR making a version that would work with existing frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation.

I myself am a Zurb foundation user for years now.

http://foundation.zurb.com/

It is an excellent responsive framework and once you have SASS setup it's very powerful!

I think it would be great if CGI Central came out with templates that leveraged these existing frameworks - so to truly provide a plug and play membership system that would integrate into an existing, responsive design based on one of these frameworks.

Ideas? Comments?

(forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place!).
  2. secureglobal

secureglobal New Member

Hi, I know this is an old post now but I ma having the same issue. the amember templates are pretty outdated now. Did you ever figure out how to integrate modern looking templates with amember script? or if you're a developer can you help maybe for a price? Id love to hear from you.
  3. regis

regis aMember Pro Customer

I have not, really so I just load the foundation CSS along with the Amember CSS, they play OK with each other for the most part but I do have to go in and comment out a few things in the Amember CSS every time I upgrade. The only other thing I really do I have a customized /amember/application/default/views/layout.phtml file so that I add in the foundation CSS and all customer pages load through this file. I try and keep Amember as native as possible so as to not have a million things to worry about each time I upgrade.

I hope CGI-Central is planning for a higher level of abstraction in the future. Everything needs to be responsive CSS framework now. Also there is a huge need for API abstraction so that people can build mobile apps - they do have a RESTful API which gives me hope but I've not done a lot with it yet, I think it's kind of limited..
    zamrin likes this.