PayPal/IPN etc

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by glvr, Jul 4, 2016.

1. glvr

glvr New Member

Having used v3 ages ago, for a new project I'll be using v4 (not yet bought).

Although I can grasp what the IPN-thing does, I've never really understood how to set it up. (I must have done it before, but can't remember what I did, and reading the info blanks my mind.)

Currently, my PayPal account also handles non-aMember stuff for two of my other sites, so I'm wondering whether I can still get things working for aMember on another site and/or whether it'll mess-up the non-aMember stuff for the other sites.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Fell free to use same PayPal account for aMember setup. It does not mess your other stuff.

You just need to have PayPal IPN service enabled for your account. It is enough for aMember.
  3. glvr

glvr New Member

Sorry for my slow response - not getting notifications.

I'm confused about 'have PayPal IPN service enabled for your account'. And the info I've read at PayPal hasn't helped me: 'To activate Instant Payment Notification, you will need to enter the URL at which you would like to receive the notification posts from your Profile.'

I don't understand how this can work if I'm using the account for more than one domain.
    Although I'll open another PayPal account asap, I'd like to better understand.

And with aMember, in 'Setup/ConfigurationPayPal', what info do I need to enter for API Username/Signature?

And presumably the 'Disable IPN verification' should be unchecked?

I'm sorry to be asking these questions, but I'm struggling with this.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

5. wizzazza

wizzazza Member

Thanks.
    I'd just found that page before your reply, and read how aMember sends the correct IPN url with the transaction request. I think I now understand enough to get it setup.
  6. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

Is there any more information on this for the amember side? I added the appropriate info into my amember installs but how do i know if it is working? Seems the IPN stuff is still being used instead. I also can not issue a refund from within amember for paypal payments even after adding these credentials. Something else I need to enable?
  7. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

Bump...just wondering how this new paypal feature works within amember as i can not tell if it is working or not.