not access to amember

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lupino, Jan 20, 2016.

1. lupino

lupino Member

2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

3. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Unfortunately, my aMember (v.3.2.3PRO) experiences the same problems… again. It happens just about every year, at the beginning. Members pay to download my software, but they can’t access the restricted areas (protected folders). It happens to me too when I try to access the protected folders. The non-restricted folders and pages are accessible to everybody.

This is one of the error messages the visitors receive:

“The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
    This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
    Try Again”

These are the folders that trigger error messages:

http://saliu.com/book/
    http://saliu.com/code/
    http://saliu.com/pub/
    http://saliu.com/ultimate/

I do have enemies, but I don't know exactly what happened this time. I am working with the webhosting company. I will also check with aMember. Their software had no expiration date. But they asked me once to upgrade, although it was not mandatory.

This problem started on Saturday, February 6, 2016 and continues…

Ion Saliu
  4. caesar

5. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

6. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Caesar:

I understand the compatibility issues. I bought aMember Pro in 2007. I had a few problems now and then, caused by some updates made by webhosts.

I would upgrade immediately from aMember 3 to aMember 4, but I am not sure if it works or not with my webhost. I have read quite a few complaints in these forums about installing version 4. I tried tester.php for my version (3.2.3 PRO) and looks like everything is OK. Yet, my aMember installation is NOT functional!

But how do I test for version 4? I buy the new version and throw my money away if it doesn’t work? I even paid yesterday for troubleshooting with the current issues with my aMember 3 installation. Did I throw my money away? I received an answer a few hours ago that the FTP info I submitted was incorrect. I verified THREE times with two FTP clients — and the FTP info I submitted is correct!

Ion Saliu

Results from tester.php –

Testing whether your system has ionCube Loader in php.ini...OK
    Testing results:
    No additional configuration required and aMember will work on your hosting using the following loading method: ionCube Loader installed (v.5.0)
    Additional information:
    PHP version 5.3.29 (cgi-fcgi)
    OS Linux
    x86_64
    safe_mode Disabled
    enable_dl Enabled
    PHP Extensions Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, calendar, ctype, curl, dba, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, SPL, iconv, json, mbstring, mcrypt, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, pspell, Reflection, imap, SimpleXML, sockets, SQLite, exif, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cgi-fcgi, mhash, ionCube Loader, Zend Guard Loader
  7. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

IIRC tester.php is only relevant to V3.
  8. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

So what is relevant to testing version 4?
  9. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

A couple of quick observations.

1) Does aMember Pro really comes with free installation? This is published on your home page:

“Free installation included. Professionals will install aMember to your website and help you with the first steps.”

Really? Sounds great!

2) Your online manual is incomplete when it comes to Manage Products. It only covers New Products, but it is completely empty about Edit Products, or Delete Products.

I did delete a product during this stressful period of time for me. I wanted to see what changes were made to the .htaccess file in one of the protected folders. I added the product back, but it has a different Product Number # (changed from #2 to #10). Previous customers have the old product number (#2)! Is there a way to edit the product numbers and give them numbers as they had in the past? There has to be such a way!

I’m still waiting for a resolution to my support ticket (I paid for).

Please advise. Thanks.

10. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

11. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Thanks, axiomatic one.

1) I can see now the requirements for aMember 4. No more express need for ionCube Loader or Zend Guard Loader.

2) I cannot edit the product number in Admin, Manage Products. The Product # is in a label not in a textbox. So, I can’t change that number (from #10 to #2, in my case). I tried many times by clicking, highlighting… to no avail. I thought it was an easy feature to edit everything in a Product.

Hopefully someone working for aMember will illuminate me.
  12. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Assuming you have nothing active for the new one you could try using phpmyadmin to change the id. Naturally you break it all the pieces are yours ;-)
  13. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Only trying to help.
  14. ionsaliu

ionsaliu Member

Axiomatic Ones:

The main issue was just fixed. There is no more ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS (Error 301).

The Product ID issue still remains. It is only for one product. I’ll make adjustments manually as situations arise.

I think now of upgrading to version 4 after things are stable with version 3. The web hosting is also a consideration. Looked like somebody made changes to my account. During the redirect error, I ran tester.php. It looked like my account no longer worked with aMember. It happened all of a sudden, after 2 years of correct functioning.

Thanks to you all, axiomatic colleagues of mine.
  15. nicholas1127

nicholas1127 New Member

I am getting this error all of a sudden. Not sure how to fix it. And also, my images are not displaying becuase of the same issue. Help?
  16. caesar

@nicholas1127 More possible it is incorrect configuration of some cache system on your server that just cache everything even though content is dynamic and should be served different way for different user (eg. logged in and logged out). Feel free to contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) we will troubleshoot it.