wordpress 4.4 conflicts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ddaoud3, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddaoud3

ddaoud3 New Member

I have 3 websites using aMember for protection and Wordpress in front end. After updating WP to version 4.4 today, the 3 sites have the exact same problems, starting with my inability to enter /wp-admin and potential redirection conflicts.

I opened a ticket with support but anyone else facing same issues? If you have a solution, please share... much obliged.

Best
    Arezki
  2. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

JLogica is running v4.4 no worries (click the link below and see). The obvious spot to check would be your .htaccess and see if something mangled the directives.
  3. ddaoud3

ddaoud3 New Member

thanks a mil. I will have a look and see if something does not make sense.
  4. compras

compras New Member

I have been having the same problems
  5. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

OK, load browser, turn on developer mode and see if you are getting any errors there, if that is all clear (and .htaccess seems right from above) there may be a plugin you have that is causing the issue if you are able turn them off one at a time until you find what is causing the problem.
  6. qualeta

qualeta New Member

Same probleme for me on 2 differents websites... Any idea ?
    A tips if you want to access your wordpress admin, just rename the folder amember4 in plugins folder via ftp.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. pstock

pstock New Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. It's clearly an issue with the amember plugin. Anyone know when it will be fixed by the team at amember?
  8. ctr921921

ctr921921 New Member

Same, here. after the WP 4.4 update when I logged it it redirected to the amamber log in page. My IT guy dissabled the aMember pro V4 plugin and now it works... except for aMember.

Anyone know when a plugin update will be released? I looked on the WP site but the aMember plugin isn't listed there.

very frustrating.
  9. compras

compras New Member

Amember have a fix for this.

Send then a support ticket and they will send you a file to upload to wp-content/plugins/amember4/ folder.
  10. ddaoud3

ddaoud3 New Member

I got the the updated protection.php - it solved part of the problems, the wp-admin access is restored to normal, but still loads of redirecting issues... it is also protecting WP posts that are not supposed to be protected. Just an FYI.
  11. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

There is a problem in wordpress plugin introduced by recent wordpress 4.4 modifications
    Plugin uses login_url filter in order to change login urls on the site. Wordpress used to filter only html login links, but now the same filter is applied to login form target url. I'm not sure why did they implement such change and what is the reason of changing target url in the form that must work only with own login script but what's done is done
    The problem affect only login form url, the rest of functionality is ok.
    In order to fix this issue you need to upload one file(protection.php) from latest plugin version. Or upgrade whole amember4 plugin. Contact us in helpdesk and request that file if you have an issue with WP admin area login.
  12. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

this is an issue with the way amember does updates- as it doesn't update the wordpress plugin in wordpress.
    You need to download the files via amember download, unzip and go to the directory:
    \amember\application\default\plugins\protect\wordpress
    you'll see a driectory called upload_to_wordpress
    navigate into that till you get to amember4

This folder/files should be uploaded to wordpress/wp-content/plugins

David
  13. cherie

cherie New Member

Where can I find the Wordpress plugin in aMember Downloads? There isn't an actual WP plugin file in the downloads page. My membership site is down due to this.

aMember - shame on you. You should have sent out an email to your clients with active support licenses to let us know there would be an issue.
  14. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

It is not the crews fault here that Wordpress released an update that break existing stuff. The files are in /amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress upload the files there and you will have the latest version (assuming you have the current aMember).
    absolutjer likes this.
  15. cherie

cherie New Member

Wrong. If they were aware of an incompatibility issue, aMember should have sent an email to active support clients to let them know that they needed to upgrade aMember prior to upgrading WP to 4.4. Every other software program that we pay for does this!

My site has been down all weekend, and despite adding the new plugin, we haven't been able to get everything back up and running as it should be. I'm afraid we're going to have to do a complete system restore and lose data for several days or more.
  16. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

So if Adobe, for example, change their software every other programs support staff notify you if the Adobe software is changed in a way that impacts on their software??

I wish!!!

aMember staff were probably totally unaware of the problems the Wordpress changes would cause, until aMember customers complained about them.
    caesar likes this.
  17. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I was having this problem too. To quickly resolve, just FTP in and rename the plugin directory to *-OOS.

My usual WP administrative user is not allowed access to the WP dashboard. Instead, I get a aMember login prompt.

Glad to see it's not just me. lol
  18. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Try updating aMember itself as there is a new update 4.7.2-
  19. webwork

webwork New Member

Updating plug-in fixed the ADMIN login redirect issue, but my FRONTEND "Redirect After Login" setting is being ignored. Any fix for that?
  20. absolutjer

absolutjer New Member

Thank you this was the best response of the bunch - clear and concise and totally did the trick for me!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.