IPBoard Integration

Discussion in 'Integration' started by wcwman18, May 28, 2015.

1. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

I have the plug in for IPBoard. How can my users from that database log in to amember with their same details?
  2. edward_shephard

edward_shephard aMember Pro Customer

I presume that you've now worked this out from the other thread, but please post again if you're still having problems.
  3. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

I am still having problems.
  4. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

1. I have 2 servers one with my IPBoard database and 1 with amember pro.

2. I installed amember pro and am using the Use Database Connection other than configured for aMember feture.
    3. When I test the connection it does connect however when I try and log in with my ipboard user details I get The user name or password is incorrect.

I am looking to have my IPBoard users intagrated with amember and I can't get anything working.
  5. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

Any help? It takes forever to hear back from Amember Support
  6. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

Upon researching both databases, I found the problem.

1. In database for IPB all data that I need is there username, e-mail,pass_hash and salt.

2. Then I do the import of that file. All users import with no issues however the password field in the amember database shows as NULL and no password like the other file.

So, not sure how to fix this or if it can be.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

How did you import users exactly? Did you specify that you are importing IPB password hash in amember CP -> Import Users?
    Do you have aMember CP -> Setup -> Login page -> "Allow to Use Password Hash from 3ty part Scripts to Authenticate User in aMember" enabled?
  8. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

Yes to both of your questions.
  9. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

This is what support told me.

Hi,
    well, since you have IPB at www.xxxx.com and Amember at xxxxxxx.com then single login will not work, becuase cookies will not work for different domains. I thought that is what
    Use Database Connection other than configured for aMember setting was for.
  10. edward_shephard

To be picky that should read "...3rd party scripts..."
    :)
  11. edward_shephard

Interesting, I presumed that the hash and salt were synchronised by sql and that the cookie just controlled the session.
  12. wcwman18

wcwman18 New Member

Help me understand this.

1. Their is no way to remotely connect to forum database and be able to log the user in to amember on another domain?

2. I know users that use VBulliten and can sync the two together and users can use one domain to access the forum and another to make a payment.

3. I am looking to have one domain be my forum and another be my payment domain. I have seen this done else where and need to know how it can be done on my IPB.
  13. mktrsmjo08

mktrsmjo08 New Member

I know this is a very old post but can anyone direct me to a place with some instructions on how to connect Amember and IpBoard? I can't find anything not even basics. I did get them connected but I would like to know what the plugin can do and to see some form of walking through the install so I can be sure I did it correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!