Help Us Write A Stripe Payment Plugin

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by arpowers, Mar 5, 2012.

1. arpowers

arpowers New Member

Hello,

I have started work on building a payment plugin for the best payment processor Stripe (http://www.stripe.com). Unfortunately, we are on aMember v3.X so the plugin must work with version 3.

I wrote a great Stripe PHP wrapper which looks like:

$stripe = new PLStripe(SECRET KEY HERE);
    $response = $stripe->create_customer(CREDT CARD NUMBER, EXPIRATION MONTH, EXPIRATION YEAR, CVV, FULL NAME, ZIP CODE, COUNTRY, EMAIL);
    $response = json_decode($response);
    $stripe->charge($response->id, AMOUNT, DESCRIPTION);

I have started writing the aMember integration plugin, using the braintree plugin as a reference but honestly need some hand holding and assistance. The documentation for writing custom payment plugins is non-existent.

Would anybody be interested in assisting writing the aMember Stripe payment plugin? Would would pay you for your time, and would make the source freely available for others to use and implement.
  2. microvb

microvb Member

We are a bit overwhelmed at the moment with integrations and upgrades, however if you still need this in the next couple weeks, we could look into it with you.
  3. juanfra

juanfra New Member

I'm also in the need of this plugin :)
    I'll start checking how can I do this and I'll post updates here.

Just in case, juan [at] nicethemes [dot] com
  4. juanfra

juanfra New Member

I started a research on how much it would cost to have this plugin to be developed.

It would be nice if we organize in the development and its costs in order to have this ready and running as soon as possible.

Please drop me a line at juan[at]nicethemes[dot]com

Cheers,
    Juan
  5. juanfra

juanfra New Member

Hey there,

I had some free time over the past weekend so I wrote a simple aMember plugin for stripe. It's based on some aMember plugins due the lack of documentation.

It only works with single payments, it's not prepared for recurring payments.

It would be nice (as I took my time and effort in the benefit of the community) if the aMember staff take some time and guide/help me over completing this plugin, in order to make it able to accept recurring payments and store customers/cards.

You're free to use it, It's only tested locally by me.

Usage:
    • Download the file.
    • Change the .txt extension to .php, put the file into /your_amember_dir/application/default/plugins/payment/
    • Enable the plugin in aMember Configuration Panel.
    • Set up the plugin with Stripe API details.
    Cheers,
    Juan.

Attached Files:

zackarious likes this.
  6. zackarious

zackarious New Member

juanfra is it possible I could hire you for $100 to make me a PaymentSense.co.uk Plugin, its very similar to Stripe but I dont have any PHP experience.
  7. juanfra

juanfra New Member

I'll reply by PM. Cheers.
  8. chronoshift

chronoshift Member

I'm also looking for a stripe.com payment plugin, absolutely needs to support recurring billing... it was my understanding that with an amember license, amember themselves will program any payment plugin you desire. Is that no longer the case?
  9. juanfra

juanfra New Member

Hi Chronoshift, I'm not sure about that. As I needed stripe plugin I coded myself.
    Maybe you should contact them and ask about that :)
  10. ravi_ranjan

ravi_ranjan New Member

How to use recurring payment system for stripe payment?

I have setup default billing plan in Amember admin panel but its not working please suggest .
    Do i need to set any cron job for this?
  11. iloveperks

iloveperks New Member

I believe aMember supports Stripe now and recurring billing too right?
  12. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes. aMember v4 support Stripe (including recurring payments) out of the box.
  13. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

you need to edit the template if you can,
    i just tried a demo run and in the uk we add our post code as tw128hd (no space) and when i tried got a 402 error? when i then looked that up says zip code error
  14. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

As of about 2-3 months ago, Stripe supports bitcoin payments. Is it possible to have this added to the stripe plugin? Obviously this would not support recurring products but it would be great to have this functionality all in one plugin.
  15. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

16. swintec

Can you clarify? Are you saying this can not be done with Amembers stripe plugin? I thought amember uses the api already for CC sales.

I got confused because stripe said several times: "If you’re an existing Stripe user, you can likely start accepting Bitcoin payments without making a single change to your server-side integration: all API endpoints and dashboard reports support both Bitcoin and credit card payment types."
  17. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

18. swintec

Yes, maybe a separate plugin just for stripe bitcoin would be the answer since that may be easier, especially for sites that sell recurring products where bitcoin could not be used.