Amember Registration / Wordpress login

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by paul_taylor, May 5, 2015.

1. paul_taylor

paul_taylor aMember Pro Customer

Is this possible?

Using amember+wordpress plugin. All registration to be handled by Amember. User is created in Wordpress database.

User can login to wordpress using wordpress login rather than Amember.

Reason for doing this is that I have got social login working on my wordpress site and I would like to allow existing members to be able to use social login (tied to email address used when registering).

thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes this is possible. Single login works both ways. When you use wordpress login form you will be logged in aMember too, and vice versa.
  3. paul_taylor

paul_taylor aMember Pro Customer

Great - thank you
  4. adoptedaxiom

adoptedaxiom New Member

Is this also true for woocommerce, or will that require a separate login?
  5. alexander

Yes. As I understand woocommerce is just a plugin for wordpress so it uses native wordpress authentication.
  6. adoptedaxiom

adoptedaxiom New Member

What I'd like to do is have users login through a single point, WooCommerce's login probably, but be able to access the aMember protected pages only if they have a subscription. Is it possible for users to log into the WooCommerce store and only see protected pages if they've bought a subscription through the aMember system?

Also, is it possible for new users to purchase a subscription through aMember and then tie it to a pre-existing WooCommerce account or would they end up with two logins?
  7. alexander

Yes this should work although I haven't tested this myself.
    No this is impossible. Make sure that all users signup through aMember first.