amember conversion rate at rock bottom...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chrome62, Oct 1, 2014.

1. chrome62

chrome62 Member

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but I've been using amember for almost 10 years and it always worked fantastic and had a great conversion rate once a visitor hit the signup page.

In the last year or so, signup conversion has dropped like a rock. In the past, 1 out of every 10 or so visitors to the signup page would buy, but in the last few months that is more like 1 in 100 if I'm lucky.

I understand that mobile users are affecting this rate somewhat, but when I'm watching users come in using PIWIK, I can see what type device and browser they are running and even the desktop users are refusing to continue. My site has not changed in any way that I can imagine might affect this behavior.

I don't know if other users are experiencing some error, but my SSL checks out as 100% OK. I am using the stock, default template (responsive) and not the integrated into WordPress configuration. Dedicated server, very lightly loaded. Not sure what is causing this, but it's got to be resolved or I need to find a new payment solution.

I'd be interested if anyone eles is seeing similar behavior?

BTW - 4.4.4 seems to be rather buggy as I'm getting the few signups with odd errors, like the Thank you page going into a loop with the 10 second count down timer constantly recycling when the member is already paid and approved.
  2. chrome62

chrome62 Member

Just to recap---not bashing on aMember at all, just trying to narrow down a possible problem. Would be nice if there was a one click signup option. I am not aware of one.
  3. smslead

smslead New Member

aMember Support - Does it depend on PHP version or not?
  4. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

I don't have enough time under my belt to give an observation - less than 9 months using the new aMember software...

With that said, my conversions are good - just need more traffic. Most of my buyers use a desktop computer.

Each one of my pages has the option of PayPal and/or Stripe (for credit cards). I get a 50/50 mix between the two. Stripe is awesome (except they have an unusually long payout time of 10 days).

My guess is it's not aMember, but your payment processor. I'd bet they changed their checkout page... just a minor change can really kill conversions.

And thanks for the heads up on 4.4.4 - I was going to upgrade to it tomorrow morning, but I'll hold off until these bugs are fixed...

I would start a trouble ticket ASAP. For some reason, the aMember staff prefers that route over their own forum to communicate. I recommend ASAP because aMember is on the other side of the planet - it's already Friday there. And they never work on weekends... so waiting will cost you almost 3 days.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Latest version require PHP 5.3 or above. There is not any know bugs. If you have any issue with aMember please submit ticket to our helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) and we will troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards.
  6. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

Any update on this?

I'm waiting to upgrade to 4.4.4, but your post scares me a bit.

Anyone else successfully implement the new version without issues?
  7. 123Marketing

123Marketing Member

Anyone?

Any issues with 4.4.4.?
  8. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@123Marketing we have not any reports about bugs with 4.4.4. You can go ahead and upgrade your installation. In case you face any issue we will be happy to assist with it.
  9. paycum

paycum New Member

Hi,

To be honest i havent got many problems with conversion rates. But i do see a big ratio difference in payment methods.

For example when using a creditcard plugin the ratios are much lower then using other payment plugins. The problem is customer have to fill in some amember fields first (to create their amember account) and then need to fill in the creditcard form. Most of the time with lots of the same info again.

It would be much better if the amember signup page and the payment page could be integrated into each other.

Another nice feauture would be an onpage amember system (ajax based or something like that). So people wont leave the page they are on.

cheers

Robin
  10. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

Unless there's an actual bug with aMember, it has absolutely nothing to do with aMember.

Your traffic sources, design, price points, page load time, the economy, payment processor, payment processor's payment page, pre-sale landing page, etc - the list goes on and on.

I just made a new thread about A/B split testing which I see as a huge bonus once I figure out how to actually turn it on.