Amember doesn't log user into wordpress in Wordpress 4.0

Discussion in 'Integration' started by greenhoe, Sep 5, 2014.

1. greenhoe

greenhoe New Member

Wordpress 4.0 was just released and when I upgraded my site to it users were no longer being signed into Wordpress when they would sign in via aMember.

I had to downgrade back to wordpress 3.9 and everything worked fine, how can I get this fixed since I would like to be able to continue to update my worpdress version for security reasons and for future features.
  2. landshark

landshark New Member

We're having the same problem. Downgrading is not a convenient option since we also upgraded simplepress and associated plugins which required Wp 4.0.

Using amember 4.4.2
  3. greenhoe

greenhoe New Member

I'm also using aMember 4.4.2 and while I was able to downgrade staying at Wordpress 4.0 isn't an option due to security reasons and future plugin compatibility. I custom code my own theme so my theme won't be an issue but I do rely on a few core plugins which could cause an issue down the line.

I'm going to look over the 4.0 update and see if I notice anything that may of caused the issue but hopefully this can be fixed soon.
  4. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Just to add to this, I'm experiencing the same trouble with wordpress 4.0 and a fix would be really helpful.

I have notified support via a new ticket just now.
  5. mattchap

mattchap New Member

I am also experiencing the same issue since upgrading to wordpress 4.0 today
  6. academiathemes

academiathemes New Member

Same thing here.
    How this manifests on our website: a user is able to log-in, access their /member/ page, however, when they get to our Support Forum (bbPress), they can see and access existing forum topics, but there is a nasty message below:
    So users cannot comment in existing topics or create their own.
    This is quite a big deal for us, so looking forward to a quick solution for this.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the info! This is known issue. Wordpress has changed the way how authentication cookies are encoded. They introduced session tokens, which are used in cookies now.
    We have updated plugin, so please contact support and ask to provide latest wordpress plugin.
    Also new aMember version will be released on current week, it will have latest wordpress plugin included.
  8. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Thanks for quick resolution and for the benefit of others I can confirm I have received from support updated plugins for both amember and wordpress and it's now working perfectly.
  9. landshark

landshark New Member

Just submitted a ticket unfortunately it says the office is closed now. Hoping they work late today, we've been down for several days now, hate to wait an extra day.

Unless someone who had already received the plugin can contact me?
  10. jerett

jerett New Member

I have downloaded the recent update and installed the plugin and nothing happened. I still can't seem to login through the widget. Any help?
  11. rogersfww

rogersfww New Member

I have updated to the most recent amember version which according to the changelog should correct this issue, but I too am still experiencing the problem where members are not logged in to WP.
  12. julonew

julonew New Member

Was this solved already? I'm still on older wordpress.. I want update wp + theme compaible with 4.0.x - Just asking if my aMember going to work correctly after update.
  13. julonew

julonew New Member

Was this solved already? I'm still on older wordpress.. I want update wp + theme compaible with 4.0.x - Just asking if my aMember going to work correctly after update.
  14. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Post above says it does.

Put it this way if it doesn't work now it cannot be any worse if you do update!

You can always then ask aMember for support if it doesn't.
  15. sheedl

sheedl aMember Pro Customer

Doesn't look like this issues has been fixed. Just tried updating to 4.5.1 and reinstalling the AM WP plugin (identical V# as the one that doesn't work).

Alex, sent you a support ticket/email. Can you please take a look ASAP?