How to apply discount when purchasing 4 products

Discussion in 'Integration' started by jprescott68, Jun 9, 2014.

1. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

Hi, my client wants to apply a 10% discount when a user purchases 4 products (courses on their moodle lms) and I am unsure how to set this up.

I presume I will have to set up a coupon but I dont know how to set up the rules eg the user must purchase 4 or more products. They can order any product/course, just as long as there is a minimum of 4 chosen.

Hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Julie
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Dear Julie,

You can use bundle-discount plugin (40$) for such setup. It was developed exactly for described use case.

Best Regards.
  3. jprescott68

jprescott68 Member

Thank you Caesar, this sounds great. I can not find any documentation about this plugin on the aMember site - please can you direct me to some so I can pass this information on to my client.

Also, how do you purchase and enable this plugin? I can not see it in any of the drop-down boxes in the setup/configuration page.

Cheers! julie
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Go to your aMember membership page on this site and look for plugins undet the 'Add Renew' tab.
  5. caesar

There is not special documentation for this plugin. Plugin allow admin to set up some discount if user buy defined number of products at once. Admin can set up such discount rules from admin interface. You can see info how to purchase plugin in answer above.

In case you will have some issue/question with plugin installation you can just contact us in helpdesk and we will help you with it.
  6. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

hey.. is it possible to set that up with coupons? i.e. i want to give some special group of people and not for everyone! can it be done?
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No by default.
  8. alleycorp

alleycorp Member

Does the bundle allow us to apply a discount if the user buys certain products rather than just a number of products? For example I have five products, we'll call them A, B, C, D, E. I want to promote a bundle of sign-up for A & B and we'll give you a 25% discount. If you buy A & C or A & D or any other combination there's no discount?

And, can the bundle discount be set so the two purchases must happen at the same time? Versus someone randomly buying the second product later on and getting the bundled pricing on that product even though it was not part of the promotion.

And lastly, how are refunds affected? If in my example of A & B above the person comes back and wants to refund A but keep B how does this plugin handle removing the discount?
  9. caesar

No, such setup is not possible with default plugin. Bundle discount plugin only can provided discount based on number of products purchased in same time. Please contact us in helpdesk (https://www.amember.com/support) and we will try to find solution for your use case.