AUTHORIZE.net CIM processing payment page frozen - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by dontaecorrea, Jun 6, 2014.

1. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

Hello. I have Authorize.net CIM setup with aMember and I went to make a few test subscriptions/payments and I'm running into an issue with the processing. Once I submit my credit card info in the popup and hit save, the popup goes away then it says "please wait while we process your order..." on the dimmed screen and nothing else happens. It just stays frozen that way and doesn't do anything else. If I refresh the page after awhile, it'll show that I'm logged in but says "Click Continue to pay this order using stored credit card xxxxx". If I click continue, then the payment actually goes through and the subscription becomes active.

It appears to be a problem with aMember when it comes to automatically processing the payment/order after credit card payment is entered and saved. I would like it to process the payment without the customer getting stuck on the processing page and then having to refresh the page to hit "continue".

I've attached a picture for you to see the frozen page I'm talking about.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a solution? I really need a fix so I can accept payments ASAP.

Attached Files:

2. pjman

pjman Member

I have this happen at least once every other day and has happened since my installation (October 2013). I usually just manually process them. It must be a browser issue because it only happens on 2% of orders. It might also be a JavaScript or security setting issue on the browser. What browser and security settings are you using?
  3. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

Problem solved! See below...
  4. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

You are the best! I was banging my head up against the wall for the longest time trying to figure this out. Comes to find out, the problem is only in Safari. I've done tests in both Chrome and Firefox and no issues. Everything processes and user is directed to members area. I just have to figure out why Safari is not working right. Thanks again for helping me solve my problem : )
  5. pjman

pjman Member

Running a few test transactions, I think that Safari with 3rd party cookies turned off is the culprit.
  6. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

Ok cool. I'll do the same shortly. Let me know your results. Thanks!
  7. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

Nope. Still the same issue no matter what blocking preference I have it set to : (
    Nope. Still the same issue no matter what blocking preference I have it set to : (
  8. pjman

pjman Member

Not sure if the bug is in a member or Safari for that matter.

But I can confirm what you are saying.

I tested it on three systems. But on my iPad, safari transactions go through no problem. This leads me to believe it is a Safari issue.
  9. dontaecorrea

dontaecorrea New Member

SOLVED!!! It was brought to my attention by the guys over in aMember support that I was using an outdated version of aMember. After updating from 4.3.6 to 4.4.2 via the update kit, the problem has been solved. In safari, I now get an option to click a link to close the popup and process the transaction if it doesn't close on its own. I hope this can help anyone else who may run into this issue. Simply put, always stay up to date with the latest updates : )