Make customers pay before filling out amember form? Drop off rate huge

Discussion in 'Integration' started by getknown, May 6, 2014.

1. getknown

getknown aMember Pro Customer

My marketing team has analysed my sales funnel and the DROP OFF rate is huge on the amember sign up form. They suggest the customer should click once and pay on Paypal then be redirected back to the amember form to complete their member information.

Has anyone done this? Pay first then sign up through amember?

Need your help.
    Thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can do the following setup:

- in PayPal plugin settings enable option Accept Direct Payments
    - edit your products in aMember and set up PayPal Button Item Number for each necessary product.
    (It is necessary so aMember can get idea what product is purchased on PayPal side)
    - then use PayPal button on sales page.

User experience is :
    - user click PayPal button and redirected to paypal for payment
    - (in background) PayPal send notification about new payment to aMember and
    aMember create new user and assign product to him. Also aMember send necessary autoresponders
    to user.

Best Regards.
    fearlessstn likes this.
  3. getknown

Thanks so much for the reply. This is great news and putting it into action right now. This will help big time!
  4. aberezowsky

aberezowsky New Member

Hello,
    This is exactly what I need for my site.

Just a question though, since the clients won't be creating a username or password, how does this magic happen?

Do they get an email with a pre generated user/password that they can change?
    Thanks

Edit:

I tried it just now and I got an email with a username, but no password.
    Is there any setting that I am missing to auto generate a password for them?
  5. caesar

Hello,

Username is created based on user email address. It is up to you to allow user to change username later or not.

You need to enable 'Send Registration E-Mail' (aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> E-Mail).
    This template has password.

Best Regards.
  6. aberezowsky

aberezowsky New Member

Thank you for the answer!
    I was going to post that here for anyone who might want to do the same in the future as it was answered to me by support.

The confusion comes from the fact that the "Send Registration Email" description says it sends it before the payment.

So to recap, for anyone doing the 1shopping cart and I assume paypal payment directly, skipping amember signup (to avoid having people fill in two forms),
    Do the following:
    1) Set Up Accept Direct Payments on your cart plugin
    2) Make sure that your cart plugin and amember are communicating properly, and that products coincide on both ends.
    3) Enable "Send Registration Email" on amember->setup->email
    4) Send clients to your shopping cart directly
    5) After their purchase they will receive via email from amember the username and password which is auto generated from the payment info. (Your shopping cart behind the scenes tells amember to create the user, pretty amazing stuff!)
    6) I would recommend to configure the thank you page after purchase. Set it to a page that explains that they will receive an email with their login and password (you can edit the email template), and maybe tell them were to log in once they receive it, and where to update the password.
    Hope this helps others that were in my situation.
    Thank you,
    fearlessstn and getknown like this.
  7. getknown

Oh wow! You are a legend! I've been killing myself over Paypal making users signup for paypal (of course no one wants to do that and gives up). I'm gonna try the 1shoppingcart process right now.

I can't use paypals' ERP system where I am based.

Are you able to post a link of your website so I can see how your signup process works?
    Thanks so much for posting - I find this is the most crucial part of the whole process. (making it as easy as possible for the person to pay and start)

Cheers
  8. mrgurdeep1989

mrgurdeep1989 New Member

Do we need to configure somewhere the location of amember in paypal ?
  9. caesar