How to change directory aMember is installed in

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by chucknorris, Jun 14, 2013.

1. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

For some reason my site is now listed as containing malicious software (specifically, only my aMember pages). So when people go to join, Chrome blocks them and says it's not safe and other browsers do as well.

Thus, I would like to change my aMember directory from mysite.com/amember/ to mysite.com/amember2/ or whatever.

How would I go about doing this so I do not screw up the installation?

Thank you!
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

3. chucknorris

chucknorris Member

The documentation is incorrect:

1)
    Results in a WordPress page that says "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria."
    2) I can't perform any of the other steps, unless I go back and move the folder back to it's original location.I log back into aMember, change the "Root URL" to the new member directory, update, FTP amember to the new directory, and I get the same error. I update the WordPress plugin to reflect the new path, and still receive the same error. Also tried "rebuild database" and WP database -- same problem...

UPDATE: I found the solution:

1) Edit .htaccess file in amember directory, find "RewriteBase" near the bottom and change directory /newdirectory (rename the amember folder via FTP whenever)

2) Then you can log in, change the Root URL in global, then in aMember plugin inside Wordpress...
    sempdx likes this.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Hi but with respect there is no mention in your original post that you were using Wordpress you just asked how to move an aMember installation.

The documentation is basically correct for moving aMember but if you also have other programs dependant upon aMember then you would obviously need to make the necessary configuration changes applying to those as well.
  5. prosenjeet

prosenjeet New Member

Editing the htaccess file worked for me when I tried to change the install directory in the same server ;-)