Website Hack

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rockstar12, Apr 29, 2013.

1. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

Hi,

Today i updated Amember pro. previously i was using 4.2.15. after going through update process, when its completed i clicked on back button on bottom of screen, then some db update msg came up in plain white html. after that it redirected to some consumerlifestyle website and url was same. mysite/amember/admin/<something here like upgrade-db>. i clicked on back and still was same and i navigated to mysite/amember/admin and then it came normally. is it a hack? how can i be assured that my site is working properly??
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

First I recommend to check your computer for viruses. This can be something which is installed on your computer.
    Then try to replicate this issue. If it is replicable, try to replicate it from different computer, if you get this on different computer, then the problem is in your installation. You can also contact us in helpdesk and provide access info, I will check your installation and make sure that wasn't hacked.
  3. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

Hey Alex, i was out of city.. just now came back.

I checked with multiple computer. It happens randomly, after refreshin it loads properly. (It randomly hacks my page and shows some other site and if i refresh in that site i.e. clicking in nav bar and hit on enter, it goes to proper url. Its a clear hack. i have contacted you in helpdesk too. Can you please help me asap?)