Please Help! - Stupid Newbie

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jeng empowerall, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jeng empowerall

jeng empowerall New Member

I am a total newbie, sorry. Maybe these questions was asked before, but I can't find it, so maybe you can direct me to the right thread.

I want to open a membership site and has Wordpress uploaded on the site. I don't have a theme yet and was looking for a theme when I came upon amember (I thought it was a theme and the features sounded like the thing for me, wanted the "every member an affiliate" - thing). So I bought amember and asked the admin to upload it on my site. Now I can't find it in my wordpress dashboard. I see now that it is a php script and not a theme, (I don't know what it mean, sorry). What do I do now?

• should I buy another theme and then "integrate" amember with it?
    • or can I use amember alone? I want the whole lot: blogging (multiple topics), gallery, free member digital products download, member product upload, every member an affiliate, 2 tier affiliate, etc.
    Can someone help or direct me to the right answers?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Hi Jeng,
    aMember is not a theme, it is full-featured membership/subscription software.
    It integrates well with Wordpress.

Yes, you need to choose and order a Wordpress theme, we can set aMember to use this theme.

It is better if we schedule a chat session Monday, and discuss all things. I will be happy to explain
    everything and suggest you best solution for your project. I will pm you my contacts.

Alex Scott
  3. jeng empowerall

jeng empowerall New Member

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!