Wordpress Integration + Customization

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by hmanor, Apr 2, 2013.

1. hmanor

hmanor New Member

Hello,
    I was hoping to have my amember sign up page header look the same as my website.
    I have a wordpress blog with a pro photo theme. From reading it looks like possibly by using the wordpress plugin/integration I could do this?
    When I go to upload the wordpress path plugin in amember I am told it is not a valid installation?

If it can not be done because of the pro photo theme I am ok with that but can't for the life of me how to customize the colors or links at the top.

Here is what my sign up page currently looks like

http://www.lightinspired.net/amember/signup/index

I would like it to have this logo and site links if possible

http://lightinspired.net

I also would like to figure out how to change the colors of the bars such as on this page where they have the mint green. And how to center my logo with the links below.

http://www.thebloomforum.com/amember/signup.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have really been struggling with it.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

aMember should pull in your header/footer from your WordPress theme if that setting is made in the aMember configuration. Unfortunately, this does not always work since theme developers don't always do things the same way.

You can confirm if the problem is with your theme by temporarily changing to the default theme (Twenty Eleven, Twenty Twelve, etc). If aMember pulls in the header/footer from the default theme then this proves that your current theme is causing the problem. If your aMember installation cannot pull in the header/footer from one of the default WordPress themes, your integration was not performed correctly.

If you have confirmed the problem is with your theme, you could request for aMember support to take a look at it.
    I assume you are talking about the WordPress plugin activation process that is covered on this page. If the automatic activation does not work, you can always manually enter the required WordPress information.

You have to get past this point before you can get to the point where you work with the header/footer setting.
    This can be done, but it is a lot of work. So again, make sure you have the WordPress module activated properly, then make sure you you have configured aMember to user the WordPress header/footer. If it doesn't work I would recommend having aMember support look at the theme to see if they can provide a solution.
    These bars are on the aMember page and would require at least modifying the aMember style sheet. This does require that you have a reasonable understanding off HTML/CSS code.
  3. ckalliance

ckalliance New Member

Hello Gswaim,
    RE: "make sure you you have configured aMember to user the WordPress header/footer"
    - can you tell me how to configure aMember? I could not figure out where to start? I am having the same issue like Hmanor. Thank you