Protecting new sighnup form

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by iandavidson2, Apr 2, 2013.

1. iandavidson2

iandavidson2 New Member

Hi, I wanted to create a custom area underneath amember login page so that I can group specific products together. To do this I created a new signup page that will show products of a certain group.
    I then created a button and assigned it the custom URL (ie signup/index/c/XYZabc

If a user knows the URL they can browse straight to it; how do I prevent this and force people to login through the normal amember login page? Is there a better overall solution to this?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If is a page outside aMember protect it by aMember. Then anybody trying to navigate to it direct is redirected to aMember log-in page
  3. iandavidson2

iandavidson2 New Member

This is not an external page. It is a page created by amember when you add a new signup page from the admin area, as per the description in the first posting. Sorry that wasn't clear.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

The idea is to "hide" custom signup pages by assigning them a random URL. The odds that a user would stumble onto this page are pretty low.
  5. hilary

hilary aMember Pro Customer

Depending on why you want to protect the signup form, you might also find it useful to edit the availability of the products involved - under '
    To order this product user must have an
    '. I sometimes create a dummy, disabled product just to allow access to other products.