WP Integration / Protection

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by cromero71, Mar 7, 2013.

1. cromero71

cromero71 New Member

I have installed aMember on 1 domain to protect some pages on Wordpress. aMember version I have installed is 4.2.15 and WP version is 3.5.1, after upgrading to 3.5.1, it stops working when linking page from member area to Wordpress Page. It keeps loading and showing displaying aMember domain and WP Domain on bottom bar till saying "Page isn't redirecting correctly".

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Can you expand on this? What exactly is happening?

I don't think you are protecting a WordPress page correctly. You protect a WordPress page by using the settings added to the bottom of a page/post edit page. These settings are installed when the aMember widget is placed in WordPress.

This is covered on this page in the aMember Documentation Wiki.
  3. cromero71

cromero71 New Member

I have 2 domains.
    1 for aMember Pro
    1 for Wordpress
    ------------------------
    I have 1 Landing Page and 1 Protected Page (both on Wordpress).

If I try to get Landing Page directly by URL and click on Protected WP Page, it asks for aMember credentials, that's OK. After I log In I get Member Area, which links to Landing Page or Protected Page, but once I go there it gives me error loop saying "Page isn't redirecting correctly" It's happening with all browsers, Cookies are erased, etc.

aMember Pro Plugin seems to be configured correctly, I already have checked. See Attachment.

Attached Files:

4. xtrememarketer

xtrememarketer New Member

I've checked cromero71's installation and everything seems to be set up correctly. I've noticed 2 main problems:

1. The single login doesn't work, even if you go to Amember page first. (this should be because of the fact that he has Amember and Wordpress on different domains)
    2. Wordpress doesn't recognize the user's subscription. I've tried to log into Amember first, then manually log into Wordpress with the same user and when i tried to access the protected page, it's showed an error message that was set to be shown for guests.

As i said, everything seems to be set up correctly...I think the fact that he's using 2 different domains is what's causing the problem.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This has been fixed. Currently plugin can't protect content if you have wordpress installed on different domain.
    We are working on such functionality so it will be available in amember 4.3.x