amember latest download v 4.2.15

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kroopa, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kroopa

kroopa Member

From where I have to download the latest version of amember? I can't find one in the membership area
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

1. Login
    2. Click on "My Account"
    3. Click on "Downloads"
    4. Download link is available from this page as shown below.

download.png
  3. kroopa

kroopa Member

I don't find Download Link in my membership area. And that's why I am asking it here:
    [​IMG]
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

The answer to your question probably lies in the box marked 'Download aMember Pro Upgrades'.

It would appear your subscription to aMember upgrades has expired and needs renewing.
  5. kroopa

kroopa Member

I don't want the upgrades?

How do you distinguish Upgrades and Updates?

I should be eligible to download at least the version for which I paid,

The renewal of upgrades expired is for getting major upgrades to the bought version and not a hurdle to download the bought version.

Why the admins are silent regarding this issue?
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

aMember is not usual script. It integrates with many payment systems and third-party scripts. Their API is constantly changing, and we are fixing things every day.
    That is why we provide time-based upgrades subscription, and not sell major upgrades like other script authors do.

Your subscription to upgrades (and Support!) is over Nov/02/2012. If you wish, we can send you aMember version that has been latest to the date, but please note that we will be unable to provide any support for it. Contact us via helpdesk.
  7. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Most people consider them to be the same thing.
    I am sure that support would provide this. You contact support with a ticket, not the forums.
    The main point you are missing is updates/upgrades also include security and bug fixes. I personally can't imagine building a website on a software program and not planning (budgeting) on keeping the software current for at least the sake of security.
  8. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Same really, just a choice of words.

4.2.14 is an upgrade from 4.2.13 however you look at it. Most 'replacement' versions have extra features. Probably one of these extras you are looking for.

Why would you expect aMember staff to work, adding extra features and improvements, for FREE. Do you work for free?? Your last post says you don't want the upgrades but your first post refers to wanting the latest version!

If you are wanting the original version you purchased, assuming you do not have a copy of your original download, then no doubt a Help-desk ticket will produce a copy.

Incidently aMember has always supplied details of security fixes for their programs even if no support package is in place. A lot of major software suppliers I can think off don't even do this!
  9. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Grant, I completely agree with you, although there was no security fixes released yet for v4.
  10. gregwriter

gregwriter New Member

I just bought the main license and I don't have a download link in my members area either. Very irritated!
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Could be because what the browser is seeing is a cashed version of the page. Try closing browser and trying again with fresh browser session.
  12. serdimn9

serdimn9 New Member

I have the same problem, i cant download
  13. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.