It is possible to have the same login information for Wordpress/Vbulletin?

Discussion in 'Integration' started by lpeele, Mar 1, 2013.

1. lpeele

lpeele New Member

I am not currently at the stage where I am doing this yet, so I may need to outsource work for what I am not capable of. However, before I buy vbulletin, I was curious if it is possible for the login information to be transferred to vbulletin automatically? If not, if there a forum system that does do this that has good security features/avatars?

Ideally, I would like the vbulletin system even if it took more work, but only if it was a stable. If it isn't an option though, I completely understand.

Lastly, if it is possible, is there a link in the documents that explains this or/and a system I would go about for hiring you goes out for service on this project?

Thanks a lot for your time.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

There is a vBulletin plugin available for aMember ($40 from aMember). With this integration information is not "transferred to vBulletin". When you log into aMember you will be logged into vBulletin. I believe you can also control access to a vBulletin forum based on membership product.
    You mentioned WordPress in the title but didn't mention it again in the post... If you will be using WordPress it might be simpler to use a WordPress forum plugin such as bbPress, SimplePress, or MingleForums.
    You could look in the 3rd Party Service Providers category to find aMember consultants. I do get involved in aMember/WordPress projects (click on the logo in my signature) and David of Membership Academy offers consulting on all types of aMember installations.
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Both vbulletin and wordpress should work with the single login if integrated properly.

David

PS> Thanks Grant for the link :)