One-time Payment & Optional Renewals?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by oxyfuse, Mar 24, 2012.

1. oxyfuse

oxyfuse New Member

1. Is it possible that a digital product will have a one-time payment and an optional renewal?
      For example, Product A will cost $100 for one-time payment and it's download access will expire in one year. After one year, the customer will have an option to renew, let's say for $25. If he will not renew, he cannot access the downloads for this product.
    2. Can a user be moved to a certain User Group after a successful purchase of a product?
      For example, if a user will order Product A, I want him to move to User_Group_A after successful order.
    3. If #2 is possible, will he also be reverted back to the default User Group when his order expires?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

1) yes, just set the 1st payment to $100 and expire in 1 year, then no recurring. To renew, you'd need a 2nd product at @5, that is only allowed if they have expires product A.

2) Why? Can you explain, there may be a simpler way.

David
  3. oxyfuse

oxyfuse New Member

@David
    Thanks for the answer.

For #2:
    I have 8 products and I will use either XenForo/IPB/VB forum for primary support. So when a customer successfully purchased my Product A, I want him to be moved to "Product A User Group" so that he will be able to access "Product A Forum Support" to ask for support in there.
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

You do not need to use aMember usergroups for that.
    You can control what forum usergroups are assigned from aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Integrations, and yes, it is possible with no additional steps.
    One note - unfortunately, XenForo plugin does not allow several usergroups to be assigned to one user. VB and IPB plugins can handle this without any issues.
  5. oxyfuse

oxyfuse New Member

Is this still the case for the latest versions of XenForo and aMember?
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes this is still the case.
  7. amy66

amy66 Member

Yes.