Cannot Login To Admin Area After Installation (Step 5)

Discussion in 'Installation' started by daniel27lt, Feb 25, 2013.

1. daniel27lt

daniel27lt New Member

Hi there, I have installed the script to my server (godaddy.com) and seems to have installed correctly. I get all the way up to step 5 and that's about as far as I can get. It's because I can not log into the admin page/area using the correct information I registered with in step 1 (right at the start of setup).

When I look within my database, under "am_admin" It seems to have propagated my details within the table. Not to sure way I cannot login with my details?

Therefore unable to complete anything such as add payment plugins etc.

If anyone can help or have had this problem please help.

Thanks, Daniel
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think you need to edit the .htaccess file in the root /amember/ directory.
    It needs to be set to your /amember

David
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Make sure that you use correct url for admin: /amember/admin/
    aMember use different tables for admins and users so you will not be able to login at /amember/login or /amember/member with your admin account credentials.
  4. gianfrancesco

gianfrancesco New Member

hello alexander, which are the username and password i need to use to login to admin?

The hosting one?
    The amember one?
    The wordpress one?

No one is working!
  5. a2zbizdir

a2zbizdir New Member

I hope I'm not mis-speaking, but I had a similar problem where I finished every step according to the videos, all went well, but could not log in to the dashboard.
    I was trying all the usernames and passwords I had set up during install, but overlooked the last step in the video where the contact email was listed.
    I failed to see that the username to log in for the dashboard was 'hard coded' into the system, you dont specify a user name or email to log in. The user name is 'admin', its hard coded into the system, and I was trying to use the contact email and password I set up.
    So after uninstalling the database, deleting all its files, and re-installing about 3 times, I finally saw that 'admin' is the log in for the dashboard, and use the password you entered at the last second on the same page.
    And it must be the path of /amember/admin or what ever folder name you've given it, but /admin at the last.
    Hope this helps, and if youve already tried this, sorry for the confusion.
    caesar likes this.