Fatal error --> Wordpress Monkey Business

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lvtriclub, Feb 23, 2013.

1. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

Ok, tonight I successfully installed aMember. Everything went smooth. I tried to integrate the Wordpress plugin from within aMember with no success so I ftp'ed up the the plugin. Got that to connect but I saw it did not seemlessly bond with my theme {I did find the thread how to make my custom templates after the fact}. So uninstalled the plugin from Wordpress and tried to go back and get the handshake from within aMember so I good toggle header and footer. That was not visible via Wordpress. When I went to do that and get the paths going then all of the sudden I got the fatal erro" Call to undefined function status_header() in ......application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/wordpress.php on line 471 .

I tried just to overwrite the folder with the original files but no luck. Just stuck with this white screen and error message. What do I do to get back to it's original condition? Thanks in advance.
  2. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

Ok, so I decided to just do a fresh install in a different folder/name. This time I was ALMOST successful from within aMember setting up Wordpress. I got all the way to the last step and now I have a blank HTTP 500 error. ??????
  3. lvtriclub

lvtriclub Member

So, another question...I deleted the config file and started again. I went back to installing the Wordpress plugin in via ftp. How do I get my aMembership to automatically populate as members into Wordpress vis-a-vis eventually Buddypress?
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Instead of plowing through each of these issues one-by-one, I would recommend you start over and explicitly follow the integration instructions found here.

I have performed this integration dozens of time and have never seen any of these problems with the exception of the theme compatibility. Due to the lack of tight standards within the WordPress theme market this does happen sometimes. You can either change to a theme that is known to work (this information is in the documentation) or submit a support ticket to aMember and they should be able to fix the problem.
  5. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

When a user signs up in aMember and then logs in, they will be added to the WordPress database with the role that was defined in the aMember setup.

BuddyPress is a WordPress plugin. It uses the existing WordPress user database. Again, If you plan on implementing BuddyPress, if you do not explicitly follow the documentation it will not go smooth.