Xenforo alreay has our members

Discussion in 'Integration' started by osmark, Feb 16, 2013.

1. osmark

osmark New Member

Hello, first, love the product so far!

We have been using xenforo for 2 years and it has all of our members already registered and active in our community. Now I am setting up to use aMember as our management system but when I try to add a new user I get "Username X is already taken. Please choose another username"

Is there any way to sync up with our existing Xenforo users? or be able to create users from admin panel without the collision?

thanks!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

amember won't allow to create user if he already exists in xenforo.
    In order to add your xenforo users to amember, disable plugin, then make import and enable/configure plugin again.
  3. osmark

osmark New Member

Thanks, could you elaborate on this?
    enabling / disabling the plugin is no problem but I don't see any options for importing.
  4. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You need to create CSV list of your users and then use aMember CP -> Import in order to import it to aMember.
    Unfortunately aMember is unable to import enctypted passwords yet, so you have to generate new passwords for all imported users. After import run aMember CP -> Rebuild DB, this will sync passwords for all users.
    osmark likes this.
  5. osmark

osmark New Member

thanks mate, I was able to generate CSV using xenforo's mailing list function and get the import done.

cheers