Change user name to display email address on "Logged in as.."

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by awakefield, Feb 14, 2013.

1. awakefield

awakefield New Member

I would like when people are logged in, it shows them logged in with their email address rather than their username, as I am hiding the username and letting them just use their email address as their username, seeing a username will be confusing. I saw that it is set by string, $user, what is the string for the email address so I can replace it with that, and will that work? Thanks!
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What version are you using?
  3. awakefield

awakefield New Member

version 4.2.11

I also noticed all my fonts on my payment pages (for authorizing credit card tranasactions) have defaulted to Times New Roman and no matter where I specify it to be Arial, it stays Times New Roman. I can't find a style to change it, or to force it on the page itself
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If you are referring to the membership page and this seems to be controlled by _top.phtml and this line
    Code:
        <?php __e('Logged in as %s', $user->login) ?>. <a href="<?php echo REL_ROOT_URL?>/login/logout"><?php __e('Logout')?></a>
    Don't know if changing that line to
    Code:
        <?php __e('Logged in as %s', $user->email) ?>. <a href="<?php echo REL_ROOT_URL?>/login/logout"><?php __e('Logout')?></a>
    will work
  5. awakefield

awakefield New Member

It did! thanks a lot :)