Simple content drip

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kailan, Feb 11, 2013.

1. kailan

kailan New Member

Using wordpress, it seems the only way to drip content pages is in each page.

Is there a way to have a 'table like' structure that lists all the pages whereby each page could be configured from a 'master' page re content dripping.

So there would be a column that would have the configuration details of each page that could be adjusted/page, rather than having to go-into each page separately to adjust them.

This would allow for 'bulk' changing of configurations.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You don't have to do this for each page separately.
    Create categories for each access period, for example:
    Posts available immediately
    1 months posts.
    2 months posts.
    etc.. and protect these categories, then assign these categories to posts.
    Now when you change category protection settings, this will affect all posts inside that category.
  3. kailan

kailan New Member

Alexander thanks.

Ahh I didn't know you could do it for categories - however ;-(

I use pages as protected content that have a hierarchy -

Home
    ->Module
    -->Content 1
    -->Content 2
    ->Module 2
    --Content 2

etc.

These membership side is through a template that allows you to create this hierarchy with an appropriate menu in the sidebar that's configured to be updated as per this heirarchy.

The pages have configurations that make this possible, but not the posts.

This is why I was wanting to know whether there was an easier way of changing the 'drip' options rather than going into each page.

When one enters into 'Page's in wordpress there is the table that lists all the pages - with a 'protection' label on one of the columns.

While this shows that a page is protected, it doesn't allow any configuration from this screen.

I think having something that would allow 'fast' configuration of pages from this screen would be awesome as it gives the admin an 'overview' of protected pages with configurability.

Hence my initial question to see if there was something I'd missed.
  4. kailan

kailan New Member

OK found it!

In the 'All Pages' table if you tick a box beside a page, the protection 'tickbox' come up at the bottom of the All Pages, where you can set with ease the protection level for each page or more (depending on how many were ticked, thus eliminating the need to go into each page at a time to do this.

Thereby, quickly changing a number of pages at once!

Superb!
  5. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Kailan,

Good find. You took me to school on that one. So many tricks to discover.
  6. kailan

kailan New Member

gswaim,

I agree, I've been at it for 12 days 18 hours a day!!! though I have a fairly complex requirement with multi installs (not multi-site - tried that and there's a problem with syncing users - will have to look into that further) and different themes, though needing a full sync with users on these different sites.

Almost there!
  7. kailan

kailan New Member

Have been asked how to do this in more detail so here it is -

Sorry only just seen this -

Go to - Pages > All Pages

You'll then have a table list of all your pages.

Select the pages you wish to protect or use the 'select all' tick box nr the top left of the table.

When a 'single' or more page/post is selected, right at the bottom on the left hand column underneath the page/post table up pops a little box that says -

'Protection Enabled'

Tick this, and then a bunch of other options opens up underneath for you to configure.

So if you've 100 or so that you want all with the same protection configuration - tick them all then tick the Protection Enabled button at the bottom to configure them all as the same :)

Hope that helps

Rob