Can the AMember design pull from my Wordpress CSS?

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by tarawagner, Dec 27, 2012.

1. tarawagner

tarawagner New Member

I'd like the signup page and member access area to match my website (theorganicsister.com)...so that it actually LOOKS like they are signed in on my website (instead of looking like the AMember site). I'd like my header and navigation to show, as well as use the same fonts, colors, etc

Is there a way to pull from my Wordpress CSS so that any changes I make to my website will be automatically reflected in the AMember area?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Reading the support documentation goes a long way... If you check the "Use WordPress Theme" box as documented on this page aMember will automagically match your WordPress theme.

The aMember documentation wiki has step-by-step WordPress setup and configuration here.
  3. tarawagner

tarawagner New Member

Yeah, for most people. For my learning style it's as good as reading Greek. I get lost in a sea of text.

I can't even find where this is. I've enabled the Wordpress Plugin in the Setup/Configuration area. But don't understand the options from there.
  4. tarawagner

tarawagner New Member

Aaaah! I did it! I think. :)

http://theorganicsister.com/amember/signup/index

Is there anyway to change the URL? For instance to something like theorganicsister.com/join/signup... or .com/purchase/signup ...or something like that?

Also how can I remove the "aMember Pro™ 4.2.13.4d4e034 by aMember.com © 2002–2012 CGI-Central.Net" from the footer.

And why the extra padding from between the Terms and the checkbox?

Thank you for your help!
  5. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

tarawagner,

With all due respect. If you are going to perform the aMember/WordPress integration and literally cannot follow the instructions from the top to the bottom on this page, then I don't know how to help you. It covers the integration step-by-step with plenty of images. I know because I wrote it.

In my opinion aMember is the most powerful and flexible membership solution for WordPress; however, with power and flexibility comes a significant learning curve.
  6. tarawagner

tarawagner New Member

"With all due respect", not everyone has the same learning style or skillset as everyone else. The fact that I can read it, doesn't help me to understand it. In the same way that I could wax poetic about spirituality and personal growth and our deepest core beliefs and probably make someone else's eyes cross. ;) We all have our gifts and talents and learning styles and things we offer the world and things we don't. I simply learn best when I can ask questions and engage in dialogue; my brain can't see that many unknown words/terms on a page and keep it all straight. :)

(If you don't have the time or desire to answer my Qs, please don't feel obliged. And please neither feel annoyed that I'll ask them anyway in case any understanding person can help.)

By the way, THAT would have been a great page to send me to from the start. The last page you linked didn't cover step-by-step...it kinda dropped me in the middle without any links backward or forward to the rest of those docs. So the first thing I read was "After the WordPress database information is updated...." and had NO idea what it was talking about. :)

Thanks again.