aMember 4 + WSO Pro Integration - Possible?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by xtrememarketer, Feb 25, 2012.

1. xtrememarketer

xtrememarketer New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a very big problem and i need to find a solution fast.

I want to integrate the WSO Pro service from WarriorPlus.com with aMember 4 . Is it possible? Is there anyone here who has been able to make it work?

Here's is some information on this topic on the WarriorPlus support section:

http://warriorplus.com/support/knowledgebase.php?article=11

The WSO Pro system has 2 features that allow you to integrate third party scripts:

1) IPN Forwarding URL
    2) Key Generation URL

Many membership scripts have created a plugin to integrate with WSO Pro. Here's how the DAP's plugin works:

http://www.digitalaccesspass.com/doc/wso-pro-integration/

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I really need to make it work fast. It is very important for my current business.
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

It looks like you can set a wso- IPN to hit amember during a purchase. With Paypal, aMember is able to create a user record if you have set the paypal plugin to allow user record creation and taken care of the rest of setting up "paypal in front" - then see what happens when the WSO pro IPN hits the amember system? (your paypal product SKU etc.. need to match up in amember)

Ultimately though- a special plugin may be needed from amember. (this would probably be the best way- i'd like to see this happen too)

David
  3. xtrememarketer

Hi David,

It should work this way but unfortunately i'm not a programmer and i can't create the plugin. There must be some other way. This is a HUGE HOLE that needs to be filled desperately!

What if I let new users to register for free after they pay through the WSOPro system? Then assign each payment to their account. Can it be done this way?

I'd like to see what is Alex's opinion on this.
  4. xtrememarketer

The thing is this is very important for my business and if i don't find a solution fast, my only option is to choose another membership software that supports WSO Pro integration. I would hate to do this because aMember is WAY BETTER than any other membership script on the market.
  5. davidm1

Sure, you could have a link to an amember signup page.
    Or display a coupon code that buyers can use to register.
    But theres security issues with this....

I havent used the wso pro system to sell stuff yet, but can you preload some codes into it?
    Then you could have amember generate custom coupon codes each new member could use only 1 time.

But like you said- having an amember plugin to solve this would be ideal and would put amember up there in competition for IMers.

If you want to contact me offlist, maybe I can help you with this: david at membershipacademy.com

David
  6. xtrememarketer

WSO Pro offers only these 2 features for integrations with third-party scripts:

1) IPN Forwarding URL
    2) Key Generation URL

I'm not sure how the second works exactly. Anyway, i also started a support ticket here at amember and i hope to hear from them soon.
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

If (1) IPN Forwarding is implemented correctly, aMember will work without any issues. In case of any problems, you can revert things, and setup aMember to forward Paypal IPN messages to WSO Pro script.

Either way must work.
  8. xtrememarketer

Thank you Alex. I just sent you a reply in my support ticket because i have a few questions. Here they are:

1. What should I use as delivery url in my WSOPro account? Should a create a simple page where i tell customers that they received the login details in their email?
    2. How will amember create the usernames for customers?
    3. I can''t find the "Create users on demand" on the paypal configuration page. Where should i look for it exactly?
    4. Should i set the same product name in both aMember and WSOPro account or it doesn't matter?
    5. Will this work with recurring subscriptions?
    6. Final question...How can i test it to see if it's working before i release it to the public?
  9. davidm1

Alex can verify this stuff- I'm answering in case it helps you speed up implementation....

1. Are they sent directly to that URL after paypal payment- or do they go back to the WSO-Pro system for a receipt? From my memory, when ive bought WSO-Pro sold stuff, I get sent back to the WSO-Pro area after payment, but i think the product was distributed from the system.

2. amember creates the name/email from the IPN info sent from paypal.

Interesting idea- but will the WSO Pro system access the IPN being sent from your server? (needs testing)

3. Accept Direct Payments handle payments made on payment system side

(without signup to aMember first)
    4. Do you have to create a product in paypal for the WSO-Pro system? Or the system handles this?

5. Recurring should work - amember will add time to the membership as the new IPN from paypal hits the system.

6. Does the WSO-Pro system have a testing ability? EG order before going live on the WSO system.

- Im curious as to why you are using the WSO pro system seeing as you are using amember?
    I have a plugin I'm gonna be selling as a WSO, but am using amember/clickbank. What are the advantages of the WSO-Pro system?
    David
  10. bwj292

bwj292 New Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone managed to get this to work.

I have the following setup configured:

1) Amember IPN URL set in WSO PRO system
    2) The delivery URL for WSO Pro set as my Amember members login page
    3) I have amember "Accept Direct Payments" set to on in amember
    4) The amember product title matches that in the WSO Pro system

Tried a test payment, the IPN information is sent and appears in the error log but it appears as:

"Unknown transaction: related invoice not found #[4661654]"

No user account is created. Have I missed anything in particular?

Thanks a bunch.

11. davidm1

What about the product setting in amember "PayPal Button Item Number"?

David
  12. bwj292

bwj292 New Member

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

No, as far as I can see that setting is literally for Paypal buttons but the Warrior Plus system doesn't use them, it uses it's own payment button. I did ask someone in the Warrior Forum and he basically said:

"What you did is okay, but unless you customize the plugin to assign the WSO Pro invoice number to each transaction, it won't work."

I guess I'll have to contact a programmer to do it.
  13. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Contact us in helpdesk we will help.
    I did setup such integration in the past. What was adviced in Warrior Forum is correct, plugin customization will be required.
    bwj292 likes this.
  14. bwj292

bwj292 New Member

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for that, I'll drop the support desk an email.

Thank you again
    Ben
  15. kroopa

kroopa Member

I'd be interested in WSO Pro Integration with aMember?
  16. relapse

relapse Member

Still trying to get this going myself.

I have followed all the instructions and everything is set:

1) Amember IPN URL set in WSO PRO system
    2) The delivery URL for WSO Pro set as my Amember members login page
    3) I have amember "Accept Direct Payments" set to on in amember
    4) The amember product title matches that in the WSO Pro system

Did you find an answer to this Alex?

Thanks in advance.
  17. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    have you done this as well:
    Also what happens when someone pay for the listing ? Do you see any errors in aMember CP -> Logs -> Error Log / Invoice Log
  18. relapse

relapse Member

I sent this in the ticket last night.

Here is what it in the error logs:

It looks like the info is being sent and received, but the account is not being created.

I am running short on time for this one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
  19. relapse

relapse Member

Here is the invoice log:

As stated before, the item name in W+ and Amember are exactly the same.

amember1.png amember2.png
  20. relapse

relapse Member

Hoping you guys can help me out as I creating accounts manually (product launch day) till I get this to work.

Got a message from another test in my email: