Trying to add new video with Protect Content feature but the "make access free" button wont work

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Dec 5, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

I need to use the flowplayer license that comes with amember to show a video to anyone who lands on my landing page. This video needs to be available to all public eyes. I basically just need to use the flowplayer license but the only way to use it is with the Protect Content feature.

So I went to Protect Content > Video > New Record > And then once I uploaded the video, I scrolled down to the part that says "Access Permissions" and it says "Choose Products and/or Product Categories that allows access or make access free" and the part that says "make access free" is a link so I clicked it but nothing happens.

How can I make this "protected" video free so anyone can watch it even if they have not signed up or even purchased a product?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

What is your aMember Pro version and browser version?
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Amember PRO version is 4.2.11 and I'm using firefox 16.0.2
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

You are close. That feature was added at 4.2.12
    This is what it looks like: http://www.screencast.com/t/lVIaHG0vux
    mporter9 likes this.
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Alex,

Can you help me save all of the custom sign up pages and credit card payment pages as well so I won't lose anything in the update? I just looked at the documentation but I don't trust myself to do it correctly.
  6. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for the help.

I've been avoiding the update just to wait and see if anyone else had major issues with it.
  7. alex

Sure we can help, please submit a ticket.

Grant, thanks for the video - it was amazing quick!!!
  8. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Done.

Just updated 2 previous tickets about 2 seperate issues but both touching on needing help saving my customizations before updating.

Thanks Alex.
  9. mporter9

mporter9 Member

UPDATE:

I am still having the same problem with the "make access free" link not being clickable. It is underlined and when I hover over it it says "javascript:" but I can't click it like in gswaim's video. I have upgraded amember to version 4.2.13.4d4e034 and I have tried using Firefox version 17.0.1 and Chrome version 23.0.1271.95

Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how to fix this Alex?
  10. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Bump.

Not working for me in Opera browser either.

At the bottom of my amember admin panel it says "aMember Pro™ 4.2.13.4d4e034" but then at the top the yellow update bar is still there that says "1 upgrades available" and then when clicked on it says "Upgrade Available: aMember Pro Core [4.2.13.4d4e034]" which is the upgrade I just installed...

Could this be causing the problem?
  11. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Alex,

I sent my amember cp login info and my server's FTP info to help desk support yesterday, but the FTP info was wrong so I had to respond back again with the correct FTP info and then it looks like you guys closed before someone got around to looking into my problem.

Any chance you can help me out with this today?
  12. alex

Seems W3 Cache (or other plugin) in Wordpress tries to cache
    amember pages and breaks things down.
    Please configure the caching plugin in Wordpress to NEVER
    CACHE AMEMBER files :) Else, there will be countless problems
    and errors.
    mporter9 likes this.
  13. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for the help Alex. W3 Cache was causing the problem. The new flowplayer features are working fine but I still have 2 final questions:

1. I need to add this to my flowplayer code:
    Code:
    controls:null
    It makes the player have no controls. I just added a video and here is a link that is in the javascript code: youramembersite.com/members/video/js/id/1

I tried going to that link and it displays the code that I need to edit, but I don't know where to find the page/code to edit in cpanel file manager, /video/js/id/1 does not exist in cpanel file manager, so how can I access this code and edit it?

2. Last but not least, how can I center the video I'm embedding? I've tried using
    Code:
    <p style="text-align: center">
    but that isn't working and I've done some searches online but I'm having trouble finding any solutions that work.

Thanks for the help.
  14. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I am not sure on how to add the FlowPlayer atribute, but good question. I have had this same thought myself. I'll leave that up to the aMember staff.

But as far as centering a video, try placing your embed code inside a div tag:

<div align="center">"Embed Code"</div>