No Video Playback

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by microlinx, Dec 1, 2012.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I uploaded a 6Mb video in .mp4 format (created with camtasia 7) but all I get is a black box.
    Any ideas? I've tried a bunch so far.
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I can only add that I have played many MP4 videos made by Camtasia with aMember and it worked. I am not sure but will throw out a couple of possibilities.
    • I assume the video plays OK on your desktop...
    • Produce with no controller, just a raw MP4, the video player will provide playback controls.
    • Only upload/use the actual .mp4 file that is inside the production folder.
  3. microlinx

Thanks for the reply Grant...

I've tried those too.

I guess it's time to go over a checklist...
    in my /application/default/views/public/js/flowplayer folder I have 5 files.
    flowplayer.audio.swf
    flowplayer.controls.swf
    flowplayer.ipad.js
    flowplayer.js
    flowplayer.swf
    are there any special file permissions?

On http://flash.flowplayer.org/documentation/installation/index.html they mention adding
    <script src="path/to/the/flowplayer-3.2.11.min.js"></script> to the head, but I see no reference to any flow player .js files in my page head.Seems like this should be easy, but it's not.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

That is the file/folder setup on my installation. On my server, all these files are "644"
    Since FlowPlayer now comes integrated into the aMember distribution (in earlier 4.x versions you had to manually download FlowPlayer and set it up) I think everything is in place.

Just thinking. Did you enter the FlowPlayer license in setup/configuration?

It might be time to start a trouble ticket and have aMember support take a look.
  5. microlinx

Grant: yes, I did enter the license, even checked it twice. I just upgraded to ver 4 so I have a laundry list for Alex come Monday morning.

I'm thinking maybe there is a server setting preventing the video playback, but you're right, it's ticket time.
  6. mihkel

mihkel New Member

Hei,

how it was resolved? Same problem with me.
  7. microlinx

Has not been resolved yet...not a big issue ATM.