How can I edit the signup page like this?

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by mporter9, Nov 13, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hello,

Right now my site is located at the normal area of myrandomsite.com and then the signup page is located on a different page like this: www.myrandomsite.com/members/signup/

I need to create something similar to this:

https://www.quibids.com/en/landing/index.php?c=us&mb=cs&sub=rt_gs_tb1

The reason I want to make something like that is because if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see that their signup form is on the same page.

I do not want to have my websites pages be seperate anymore. So what would be the best way to do this?

Should I just use the signup page here: www.myrandomsite.com/members/signup/

and then have a designer fully edit it? Will they be able to make it look like anything they want like the quibids page? How can they do this?

OR

Would it be easier for them to take the signup form code, add it to the individual custom pages I want, and then I can just post the information to amembers database? (I WOULD PREFER THIS METHOD IF POSSIBLE)

Do any of you know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    You can take signup form html code, then edit it as you want and include it inside your page.
    Just make sure that you leave all inputs and don't change their names.
    Form still will be posted to /amember/signup so it will work as usual.
    mporter9 likes this.
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks for the help Alexander.
  4. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Bump.

Alex,

I recently followed the instructions posted here and also instructions that I received from help desk support. I typed out all of the instructions on how to setup this custom signup form, but before I send them to my developer I want to make sure that I have set this up correctly and that I fully understand how to make this work.

Can you please check my Support Center/Help Desk ticket called "How can I edit the signup page like this?"

I would post all of the details here but I included specific information about my site including screenshots that I do not want to share publicly here.

Thanks for the help.
  5. steveclarke

steveclarke New Member

hi mate...

using this guide http://www.amember.com/docs/Custom_Signup_Forms you can do whatever you want really!

../application/default/views/signup/signup_my_custom.phtml

remember:
    this following code will wrap around your code (header and footer info)
    $this->setLayout('layout.phtml');
    then include your <html> code
    insert the <form>
    here's a snippet of mine...
    Code:
     <form class="am-form">
                <?php echo $frm['hidden'];// insert hidden form elements  - REQUIRED ?>
                <?php echo $frm['javascript']; // insert javascript code - REQUIRED ?>

<b>Products</b>:
                      <?php echo $frm['elements']['product_id-0']['htmle'] ?>
                  <hr class="dashed">
                  <fieldset>

<input type="text" placeholder="Your First Name" name="name_f" id="name_f-0" value="" class="span5">

<input type="text" placeholder="Your Last Name" name="name_l" id="name_l-0" value="" class="span5">

<input type="text" placeholder="Your Username" maxlength="32" name="login" id="login-0" value="" class="span5">

<input type="text" placeholder="Your Email" name="email" id="email-0" value="" class="span5">

<input type="password" placeholder="Password" maxlength="32" name="pass" id="pass-0" value="" class="span5">

<input type="password" placeholder="Retype Password" name="_pass" id="_pass-0" value="" class="span5">

</fieldset>

<a href="/login/index" class="">Already a Member?</a>
                  <input type="submit" value="Register!" name="_qf_page-0_next" id="_qf_page-0_next-0" class=" " />
                </div>

</form> 
    then finish your <html> code...

EDIT: don't use my code, but it's there as an example. instead of using the <?php echo $frm['elements']['product_id-0']['htmle'] ?> elements, you can specify your own <input> as i've done, by looking at the required array fields from the $frm array
  6. cerberos

cerberos New Member

I'm trying to use this article to publish the signup page on a Joomla Article.

Is it possible to post the following as requested?

Code:
    <?php
    if (empty($title)) $title=___('Sign-up');
    else $title=___($title);
    $this->setLayout('layout.phtml');
    include $this->_script('_error.phtml');

$this->headScript()
            ->appendFile(REL_ROOT_URL . '/application/default/views/public/js/jquery/jquery.validate.js');
    ?>
    <div class="am-signup">
    <?php echo $this->blocks('signup/login/before') ?>
    <?php include $this->_script('signup/_login-offer.phtml'); ?>
    <?php echo $this->blocks('signup/login/after') ?>

<?php echo $this->blocks('signup/form/before') ?>
    <?php include $this->_script('_form.phtml'); ?>
    <?php echo $this->blocks('signup/form/after') ?>

</div>
    <?php include $this->_script('js.country_state.js'); ?>