50% of users begin sign-up and then don't finish payment page

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by playpianoking, Nov 5, 2012.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

Is anyone else noticing this? So aMember first allows new users to create their username, password, email etc. and the product button is still there showing them that it's going to cost money, but then when they click next and their profile is created, I'm seeing about half of sign-ups not completing the payment page. Is this normal? And while I realize paypal loses many customers upon checkout, I have stripe enabled for cc payments so it's very straightforward.

I know I don't have anything messed up, so why do so many people abandon checkout? Are you seeing this on your sites?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Abandonment is very common. Hows the % compare with your CC signup?
    Perhaps because paypal is an extra screen you are losing more buyers.
    Have you customized the paypal screen at all?

David
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

50% is a very good result!
  4. mporter9

mporter9 Member

I'm having the same problem but 50% - 60% is normal with internet marketing. I'm also using stripe as well.

I'm sending all partial signups an email telling them that if they come back and complete the payment page they get a $10 off coupon.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Good strategy, you can probably start with a day 1 email with no offer, then day 2 or 3 offer the $10 off too.

David
  6. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Yeah definitely.

Also if you have the man power you could grab their phone number on the first page and call them as soon as they leave. That's the HOTTEST lead available.