How to edit "If you already have an account on our website please login to continue" on signup page?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by mporter9, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

When the customer lands on my signup page it says at the very top of the page: "If you already have an account on our website, please login to continue"

How can I delete this text? I am looking at the signup page called signup.phtml but I am not sure what I need to delete so that "If you already have an account on our website, please login to continue" does not show up on the page?

Thanks for the help.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Go to aMember Cp -> Edit Messages, find the script, and replace it to a space.
    mporter9 likes this.
  3. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Thanks Alex.

I just went in and was able to edit it by deleting the text and saving it with a "space".

Is there a way though to get rid of the blue bar that still goes across the page? I need it to disappear completely.

Thank you.
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

You might have to change the file '_login-offer.phtml' (less the invered commas).
    Code:
    <?php if (!Am_Di::getInstance()->auth->getUserId()) : ?>
    <div class="am-login-text"><?php __e("If you already have an account on our website, please %slogin%s to continue",
            '<a href="'.REL_ROOT_URL.'/login" class="ajax-link" data-popup-width="800px">', '</a>') ?></div>
    <?php else: // if logged-in ?>
  5. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Is this the solution to getting rid of the blue bar?
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

In that file the am-login-text class is what produces the blue bar together with the text you refer to. This file also displays the text stating that you are currently logged in as and that you need to log out in order to sign up together with the relevant logout link.

You could always rename this file and see what happens. If the program errors try replacing it with a dummy file to save editing also the calling program. If it doesn't produce the desired result you can always rename the original file back.

Note: This has NOT been tested and above comments are based on the file contents.
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes. If you edit the file and make it empty, the text will disappear.