Which merchant accounts / payment systems are currently 100% working?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by mporter9, Sep 26, 2012.

1. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Hi,

Right now I am using paypal payments pro to process all of my payments. I also use pro instead of paypal payments advanced because the checkout process needs to be seamless and still be on my site and look like my site.

The problem is that when you go to configure the paypal-pro plugin in amember, it gives you this warning:

WARNING! Every application processing credit card information, must be certified as PA-DSS compliant, and every website processing credit cards must be certified as PCI-DSS compliant.
    aMember Pro is not yet certified as PA-DSS compliant. We will start certification process once we get 4.2.0 branch released and stable. This plugins is provided solely for TESTING purproses Use it for anything else but testing at your own risk.

First off, this worries me because the last thing I need is for paypal to freeze my account a couple months from now when sales are steady, and all because I'm using a non compliant membership site software. What are your thoughts on this? Because it looks like many of you are currently using paypal payments pro as well.

Also, are there any other payment plugins supported by amember that are 100% working right now AND offer a seamless checkout experience? By seamless I mean the processing is done in the background and the customer never leaves your site or actually goes to a page that looks like a paypal page for example.

If there are any alternate solutions that offer what I just listed above, then please let's start a list right now. I want to make sure to have a backup ready just in case I ever need to stop using paypal.

Thanks.
  2. mporter9

mporter9 Member

Bump.

Nobody?
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Might help if you gave some indication of country where you are located and currency being used.

Also are you intending to store card information on your server, in which case you will need PCI certification or use the payment processor to handle payments?
  4. mporter9

mporter9 Member

I am located in the United States and all currency being used is USD.

I really don't care about the 2nd one. I can store the card info if I really have to, but I would prefer not to.

The most important thing to me is that it works seamlessly with my site and keeps my site's design just like how PayPal pro does.
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

PA-DSS certification must be done for entire application, we have not started it yet. We plan to have it finished by Spring 2013.
    Plugins itself are fully working but you can use it at your own risk only. I recommend Authorize.Net CIM. It handles recurring billing fine, credit cards are stored on Authorize.Net side.
    mporter9 likes this.