OpenID plugin for aMember now available

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by robw, Sep 7, 2010.

1. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hi all,

Now that aMember v4 is firmly established, this v3 plugin is now life expired, so I'm turning the source into the public domain and it's offered free to anyone who still has a use for it... but please note that there is ABSOLUTELY no support for this old plugin any more.

Get it here: http://www.cogmentis.com/300/openid-plugin-amember-v3-now-free-life-expired/

I've just released a simple to install OpenID plugin for aMember that will let your members login to your aMember site using an OpenID - including their Google, Yahoo, AOL, Wordpress or Blogger account.

You can see it working LIVE on one of my sites here.

As with our Facebook plugin, your members can access their subscriptions on your site by logging in with their OpenID compatible account. And if they don't already have an account, it will pre-fill their name and email on the signup form using their information.

Plus, you can optionally allow members to automatically create a new account on your site with one click and even give them a complimentary subscription to one of your products if you wish.

It is currently only available to order here with my Facebook Plugin for aMember.

Cheers
    Rob

Ps - 404 error with Google/Yahoo buttons? See this post.
  2. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

New version (1.1) of the OpenID plugin now available which fixes a couple of bugs. Existing customers can get it for free by following the instructions in their original order confirmation.

Cheers
    Rob
  3. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

New version 1.2 now available

I've just released version 1.2 of the aMember OpenID plugin - this update is free to previous customers so just use the link in your receipt/order confirmation email to download.

This new version has a host of new and updated features that leverage the new aMember v3.2.3 features, including:

• No more messing about with templates when used with aMember v3.2.3 - you can put the OpenID buttons on your login and signup page with a click in the settings screen!
    • (Plus, you can still install buttons manually if you have heavily customised templates.)
    • Customisable Signup Page header text (when using the automatic button install feature above)
    • Ability to restrict the signup page button to certain price groups - so you can, for example, choose to offer OpenID signup for a lead generation product (e.g free report etc) but leave it switched off for premium products.
      e.g. see: http://www.golfmindfactor.com/system/signup.php?price_group=1
    • Now works hand in hand with our aMember Facebook plugin.
    • Plugin now fully compatible with Ken Gary's amThankYou plugin.

Cheers
    Rob

Ps - If you are upgrading from a previous version and are now on aMember v3.2.3 or higher you won't need to mess with the templates any more to install.
  4. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

I've just released version 1.2.1 of the aMember OpenID plugin - this update is free to previous customers so just use the link in your receipt/order confirmation email to download.

This version updates the openid selector to fix issues with the small icons in IE8.

Cheers
    Rob

Ps - If you are upgrading from v1.2, simply overwrite the openid plugin files - no changes are needed to templates.
  5. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

I've just released version 1.2.2 of the aMember OpenID plugin - this update is free to previous customers so just use the link in your receipt/order confirmation email to download.

This new version is a minor update:

• Plugin now fully W3 validator compliant
    • Fixed bug with auto facebook signups

Cheers
    Rob
  6. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

404 error for Yahoo/Google?

A couple of customers have reported getting a 404 error when they click the OpenID buttons for Google or Yahoo.

This is caused by mod_security (a firewall used by many web hosts) being set too strictly by default, and disallowing the inclusion of the openid_identifier parameter.

To fix, simply ask your web host to allow the following url to pass:

Code:
    https://[COLOR="red"]YOURDOMAIN[/COLOR]/[COLOR="red"]amember[/COLOR]/plugins/protect/openid/authenticate.php?action=verify&openid_identifier=http%3A%2F%2Fme.yahoo.com%2F
    Cheers
    Rob
  7. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

After conversations with Alex today, I have agreed to contribute my OpenID plugin to the upcoming version 4 of aMember as a standard (free) option.

This will help ensure that aMember remains the gold standard for membership software, and recognises the growing importance of social media to membership sites.

It will remain on sale as an optional plugin for people remaining on version 3.x

http://www.amemfblogin.com/order.php

Cheers
    Rob
  8. hhubbers01

hhubbers01 aMember Pro Customer

Hi Rob

I am looking at buying your plugins but on your website I keep getting charged VAT even though I am in New Zealand.

Can you please amend your website to charge the proper amount for people not in the UK.

As soon as you do that I will make a purchase from you.

Many thanks,
    Hugh
  9. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Apologies for that - Now fixed!
  10. hhubbers01

Hi Rob

I have just purschsed your PDF Certificate Plugin.

I have been trying for the last 2-hours to try and get the PDF Certificate Plugin to work, but no luck.

I am running aMember v4.2.9.

Can you please help me.

Regards,
    Hugh
  11. hhubbers01

I keep getting the same error with your PDF plugin...

An Error has occured

An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details
  12. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

Hugh - please direct all support requests via my website. I don't check the aMember forum every day and multiple cross postings on unrelated threads is just unhelpful and disruptive to the forum.
  13. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

What has this to do with forum topic OpenID plugin?

You have posted numerous times in the correct PDF Certificate with the self same comments as posted here. Is it a case of keep shouting from every possible hill top to get people to take notice?

Show a bit of patience, more help will probably result. It's not even as if you are complaining about an aMember product in the aMember forum. Presumably you purchased plug-in on another site - that is the place to shout if you consider it necessary. One doesn't normally purchase a product in one shop and go to another and try raising the roof. Or is it a case of decrying this persons products so other prospective purchasers are put off? Be fair give the chap a chance!!
  14. hhubbers01

Hi Rob

Many thanks for your valuable - all sorted and excellent support.

Cheers,
    Hugh
  15. hhubbers01

Hi Rob

Please accept my apologies about the Forum postings, I just wasn’t sure if you would reply, and I had been working on this problem for about 4-hours straight.

Thank you for replying - I do really appreciate it.

All of your help has fixed the probelms I had.

All the best,
    Hugh
  16. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner