Automatic login to wordpress?

Discussion in 'Integration' started by aknetwork, Jul 11, 2012.

1. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

Hello,

I found related threads to this one but very old dated.

When user logs in to amember and then clicks to the Link to access his content, Wordpress asks him Again to put their login details. This is very annoying and some people think the problem is their password is not working (that is not the actual problem).

I am using the latest amember version and the latest wordpress version and the aMember PRO v4 Integration Plugin for Wordpress

How can I make the integration login the user in wordpress without asking them to put again their login details?

thanks!

2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

It shouldnt be- something is off on your integration.

David
  3. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

What do you suggest I do?
  4. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

What version of wordpress are you using?

Is your wordpress installation on the same domain as your amember install or on a subdomain or completely different domain?
  5. davidm1

This is a common error- have you set amember admin and wordpress admin to either both use www or both not use it?

David
  6. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

I am using the latest wordpress version and the latest amember version.

My amember is installed at: mysite.com/amember and my wordpress is installed at: mysite.com/mywordpress (that could be the problem?)

I dont understand that David. How do I configure that?

Thanks!!
  7. davidm1

8. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

I still dont understand David. Do you mean on Setup/configuration in amember? If so, where?

on wordpress settings I have http://mysite.com (without www) and also in amember
  9. davidm1

OK, then it sounds like something else is wrong on your configuration.

David
  10. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

My amember is installed at: mysite.com/amember and my wordpress is installed at: mysite.com/mywordpress

Could that be the problem? the fact that my wordpress is not on mysite.com/amember/wordpress?
  11. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

No. It is not necessary to have Wordpress inside the aMember folder. I've sent you a private mail to get some additional security information.
  12. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

I am having the same problem and I don't know where to start looking. Our site is http://www.cablehaywardarts.org.

aMember is installed in the root directory as is WordPress. I don't understand your comment though about whether both are set to www or not?
  13. charac_1

charac_1 New Member

I'm on a roll today with answering my own questions. I got it working. I had to manually copy all of the Unique Keys and Salt Strings from the WordPress wp-config.php file into the aMember WordPress configuration screen.