Joomla 2.5 and Amember 4.x Integration

Discussion in 'Installation' started by mgracia, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mgracia

mgracia New Member

Hi,

I configured Joomla 2.5 and Amember 4.x. I set up a wrapper to call the amember signup/login pages. At the top of the joomla template I have created a "Login" button that changes to "Logout" once a joomla user is logged in. Loging in via amember does not seem to register with joomla ("Login" button at the top menu does not change to "Logout") unless I go back to the home page of the website after the user account is logged in. This may be because I am login in via a wrapper? I dont know.

Is there any way to populate all joomla session variables like user_id, username to match those of amember as soon as a user logs in via the amember/wrapper page? Is there a way to circumvent this via a method other than a joomla wrapper?

Please let me know. I have exhausted going over the forums to find a clue.

Thanks!

Miguel
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Miguel,
    it seems there is a problem with single login between aMember and Joomla.
    Once single login between scripts will work all necessary session variables will be populated by Joomla itself.
    Please contact us in heldpesk and provide access ifno we will troubleshoot what can be wrong with single login.
  3. mgracia

mgracia New Member

Thanks for the reply Alex. Unfortunately, my website is under development in a local machine at the office and has not been deployed yet. Is there anything you can suggest as a solution? things to check for?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Miguel
  4. mgracia

mgracia New Member

Question: Is there another way I can call the signup/login amember page without using a wrapper within joomla? I was thinking about using a mod-to HTML joomla module but the amember pages are not html. Also, what is the relative path for the login and signup pages?

thanks

Miguel
  5. alexander

No there is no other way.
  6. alexander

Well this is really hard to deal with single login issues without access.
    There can be a lot of reasons why it couldn't work. For example check this:
    1. make sure that plugin configuration is corect.
    2. make sure that aMember & Joomla Root domains are the same (www.domain.com or domain.com)
    3. make sure that you enabled integration at aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Integration, and that your test user is not within admin or banned groups(single login will not work for these groups)
  7. orish

orish aMember Pro Customer