customer being overcharged ?!?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by oliver94, Mar 22, 2012.

1. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Hello everyone, I recently had this one customer who had paid for a product almost 3X the original price which totaled to be a lot. Now I just wanted to make sure, aMember can't charge anyone right? It's technically on the receiving end where if the payer agrees to pay a certain amount a certain amount of times, then aMember is just like a checklist that makes sure the payment are in so it can activate the member?

I'm so surprised. It's as if the payer somehow signed up for the same product 3x.

1) Can I disable signup of duplicate product?

2) What do you think happened? aMember can't change the payment agreement and can't charge. It has to be on the paypal end? But it wouldn't make sense for anyone to sign up more than once....Just a paypal bug?

Luckily so far, it's only been this one out of a few hundred.

Thanks.
  2. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Wow, it turns out the customer really did sign up a few times...

Anyways, I would like to know for my own sake, aMember cannot charge anyone beyond the "subscription" agreed upon at signup right? It's just there to make sure the payments are due on our side.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Yes aMember can't do this. Also, as I've understood, you use paypal (Website Payments Standart) in order to process payments, if so, aMember even don't have control on user's subscription after signup. subscription is being billed by paypal itself, amember onyl receive IPN notifications and add/refund payments when this is necessary.