Theme Documentation Request

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by stockguy22, Nov 25, 2011.

1. trainsem

trainsem Member

I'm hoping to see information on how to get the v4 signup form within my WordPress theme working so that it looks seamless. At the moment the Member Login block is cut off on the right - http://www.trainsem.com/amember/member/index
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

trainsem,

The WordPress documentation is pretty thorough, you can find it here. You can have aMember use you WordPress header/footer and styling by checking the "Use WordPress Theme" option on the WordPress Module Configuration page. It is covered on this page from the documentation.

This feature has been testing on most of the main themes and works well. If this option does not work with your theme, submit a ticket and they will work with you.
  3. trainsem

trainsem Member

Thanks, Grant, but I was using my WP theme where this column problem occurs. If I don't use the theme, the login page looks fine, but it's the aMember theme.
  4. gswaim

Not exactly sure what you are experiencing. The way it should work is any aMember page would pull in the header and footer from the WordPress theme and the aMember section will be full width with no sidebar. If you then put the aMember WordPress widget in the sidebar of the home page, they can login without ever going an aMember page.

If it is not working correctly with your theme, aMember tech support will help.
  5. trainsem

trainsem Member

Thanks. Where is the text heading "Userful Links" (seen on the membership information page)? I'd like to fix the typo because it makes my site look like I made the typo.
  6. gswaim

7. trainsem

trainsem Member

The header and footer are fine -- the amember content isn't. See the attached image.[​IMG]
  8. gswaim

Most likely some of the WordPress CSS is doing this. Support can likely make some mods to the aMember CSS to block this. You should submit a trouble ticket.
  9. trainsem

trainsem Member

I was going to say that I don't have such a folder, but tried it and found it in the admin interface because I was logged in. Lots of strings that I can fix, provided I can understand what they mean, out of context. e.g.
    or
    No need to answer this - just an example - is that for a card expiry date input field or an error message telling the user that their card has expired?
    or
    Wondering what three values would use the same variable %s
    or
    Hard to tell what that means. I think it refers to removal from the WordPress database but not sure how the text is rendered. So many of the translation column strings have no spaces, it seems more deliberate than accidental. The Base column for such strings has correct spaces.
    Another hard one to edit, esp all those %s
  10. trainsem

trainsem Member

I forgot to mention that this happens only in Chrome 14.
  11. trainsem

trainsem Member

http://www.amember.com/p/integration/new-wordpress-plugin/

That page says it is still in beta and was last tested in aMember 3.1.9. How does it fare in aMember 4.1.7?

BTW, my protected content is in eFront, not WP.
  12. gswaim

This page is referring to the Version 3 plugin. With Version 4 the plugin was moved to the core program and is now called a module.

The Version 4 documentation is all found here.
  13. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

trainsem,
    Please contact us in helpdesk, I will check what can be wrong with theme integration.
  14. trainsem

trainsem Member

Already raised a ticket about it that day.