Incremental Content Plugin...

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by benedict, Jun 14, 2011.

1. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

2. gocliff

gocliff Maverick Marketing Methods

=================>

Thank you for the prompt reply. I followed the links and printed the explanations. I was under the impression that incremental content was only integrated into version 4.
    agelinas likes this.
  3. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

That is right. So much focus is on version 4 I think Alex just forgot to clarify that.

Since you are starting with a new installation, I would go with Version 4. I run it on a production site with very few issues. Today they launched an integrated version updater so the updates only take a few minutes.

Version 4 has moved a lot of the plugin features from version 3 into the core.
  4. jbildy

jbildy Member

Incremental plugin for ver 3.x is a paid option. You need to email support.
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

With 3.x it was a paid plugin. You may still be able to order from the "My Account" area.
    With 4.x its included.

David
  6. gocliff

So, you had me use version 4. I have deleted the successful install of v.3, delete the amember sql database for v.3, and have install v4. Where is my plugin for payments processed by Authorize dot net in v4?
  7. gswaim

Due to the stringent PCI requirements aMember has decided to not support Autorize.net AIM which requires the storage of credit card information on your server. There is some discussion about supporting Authorize.net CIM. For more information see this thread.
  8. gocliff

We have built our design and bought Authorize dot net specifically because the v.3 of aMember supported it. We have looked at the discussion about PCI/DSS compliance and find many of the comments to be NOT true, because we have been running a dedicated server with LAMP technology for the last three (3) years keeping PCI compliant and having Security Metrics test our server quarterly to keep it certified as required to keep our First Data merchant account that uses the Linkpoint gateway. We do not want to put our trust in agencies like Paypay which do NOT come under banking laws and merchant account rules nor does Paypal behave like a real bank or credit union including face-to-face merchant service when you need it. We don't mind using Paypal to pay out, but never do want Paypal to have control over our income. We have to be able to use Authorize dot net!
  9. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

As I said, we will include Authorize.Net CIM plugin this week, and will be certifying our PA DSS-compatible solution little later.
    gocliff likes this.
  10. gocliff

What is a PA-DSS compatible solution? I can't find that mentioned in First Data or Authorize gateway documentation for merchant account services transaction processing. We need to know when calling these merchant accounts to find out how much it is going to cost additional to be able to use said services. For example, the merchant web services API for Customer Information Manager (CIM) at Authorize.net includes a minimum requirement that the merchant must have signed up for the CIM service. We are calling just now to find out if that costs extra. We have already discovered how much more it will cost to have a static IP with a SSL certificate licensed to the domain with our web site host provider. This provides one of the minimum merchant requirements of CIM to use a HTTPS secure connection.
  11. gswaim

Attached Files:

12. gocliff

Oh... got it... this is the standard that companies like Security Metrics must comply with so they are qualified to inspect our dedicated servers which required to be certified as PCI-DSS compliant. We've had an annual subscription with Security Metric (recommended by our merchant account provider, First Data using a Linkpoint gateway) who quarterly scans and attempts to hack our server, and then issues a compliance certificate for the banks reference to our account. Thank you for making the time to look it up. We are very eager to get a plugin for our new Authorize dot net account, and preparing the way with the web host provider to assign a static IP and SSL license to our account to enable HTTPS transactions, as required by Authorize dot net to use the merchant web service API customer information manager (CIM). Wow, what a lot to do get billing and sales going through the membership web site. But, it will be worth it.
  13. gocliff

Off subject, but how did you assign an image to your profile in this forum? I've been looking at all the links provided to manage my profile to no avail. I miss finding the link to browse and upload a profile image. Where did you find a way to add an image? Kind regards, Clifford
  14. gswaim

Hover over your username in the top right border and a window should open up. Choose "Avatar".
  15. gocliff

Grant, thanks, but maybe my account needs an upgrade? We have and use avatar management with Gravatar.com But, when I hover over my username Gocliff on the header bar, right margin, I get a window of options that do not include Avatar. Are we missing something in the status of this account? Am I missing the top right border you refer too? I'll try again.
  16. gocliff

Hmmm.... Avatar option is definitely missing from our edit profile and preference options.
  17. gswaim

Yep, aMember also changed to xenForo forum about the same time they launched V4 so they are still tweaking on the forum settings. I will see if Alex can set that permission.
  18. gocliff

Your awesome in response... Thank you much.
  19. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

gocliff,
    Can you please check this again?

I just checked permissions for all groups in this forum, avatars are not disabled. I reset permissions for your account, please check now.
  20. gocliff

Thank you, Alex, the reset put the avatar option on my preferences menu.